outside painting dangers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I thought you were going to say 'falling of a ladder' :)

Gnats are a big problem for me in the summer towards evening.

We're in pollen season at the moment. Gotta wipe down the model between coats.

On my smaller models (ie almost all of 'em), I always move them into shelter while the paint dries. Today, petals from flowering trees would make paining next to impossible. :eek:

I had a nice big fly get stuck in one of my fillets last night. Unfortunately, this was 5-minute epoxy, and 3 minutes of that was spent mixing it and adding in the microballoons, so by the time the fly got to it, it was too late to get it out without really messing up the fillet.

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
I had a nice big fly get stuck in one of my fillets last night. Unfortunately, this was 5-minute epoxy, and 3 minutes of that was spent mixing it and adding in the microballoons, so by the time the fly got to it, it was too late to get it out without really messing up the fillet.

WW

Imagine that, the inclusion of a critter in your fillet.

Nah. It still needs to be sanded and have another layer put on, so it'll be mostly gone by the time she actually flies. The rocket, that is, not the... uh... umm... dangit, you know what I mean!:rolleyes: :p

WW

The finished paint-job minus the gnat.
-That's not a rocket in the background:D They're building a water tower;)
1,400' or bust:eek:

Rob,

Love that rocket stand. You've given me a great idea for all the aol discs I have laying around.

Oh yeah, we are running a Boy Scout launch tomorrow at Buder. Email me if you'd like to come and launch.

wgastjr at hotmail.com

That's all I use are those AOL discs. They are a free never-ending supply of model rocket stands sent to you free in the mail.-(if they only knew):D I got the idea from here too!

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
rob doesnt know what he is alking about. thats my lvl 3 cert rocket in the background behind my house. Its costiong $20,000 to complete and it is all steel. Can we say nasa clearance :) lol jk about that paint job man create you a booth. Buy some plywood and create a box in your garage with 2 windows and a huge fan in one window pulling air in and the window that leads tot eh outside a fan pulling air out. This helps the paint dry alot faster and not get air bubbles or smeers or runs if you know hwo to hold a spray paint 6-10 inches away from the object. The whole project will cost you average $200 to make the room we went as far as installing paint shelfs and area lights and holes for my air compressor and stuff. Planning on adding a sink too :)

-For transporting rockets to launch site-
lol why is every rocket flyer messy? lol its a very common thing nowadays to see clumped up work areas,lol.

If you look at that "water tower" in the background...
Study it closley. It's a laser cannon from an rebel force X-wing.
Admit it... kinda large though.
StarWars fans will know...!!!

Originally posted by Steward

If you look at that "water tower" in the background...
Study it closley. It's a laser cannon from an rebel force X-wing.
Admit it... kinda large though.
StarWars fans will know...!!!

You're right, it's an Incom T-65 X-Wing Starfighter-the rebellions finest space fighter.
-May the force be with you-

lol i still like the idea of it being my lvl 3 cert :) lol But to all their won i guess :D We had a tower here like that over on another road from us and somehow when they were doing some blasting to make a road they ruptured the tower and pretty much washed the hill away,lol

Back