Our cat died

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to hear that.
I've been there many times so I know what it's like.

CWBullet, I am a cat person, myself and I know just how You feel. I'm not getting anymore cats either. I DO worry that Tzun Zu'uu will outlive me, but I'll have to take that chance.

Very very sorry. My cat is my best friend for 18 years now and I see her failing with age. I’ve been there before November 5, 2005 and never will I ever forget. Now time is near again. It’s not fair. My heart goes out to you on your loss.

I'm Sorry to hear this. 15 years is a good run, sounds like you gave him a great life.

15 years today, George our cat was born. He died this morning. I named him after George Lucas. I knew the time was coming but it does not make it easier.
Very sorry to hear. We had a similar experience about 13 months ago. This is Tila (TEE-lah). Possibly the nicest cat ever. She sat on my chest as soon as I would sit down. Here she is taking care of me 2 weeks after my knee replacement.

I hope you have lots of memories and photos too 🐱 My eyes are leaking now, so I gotta go

Attachments

• 20170208_094629.jpg
    20170208_094629.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • MVIMG_20190302_190343.jpg
    MVIMG_20190302_190343.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 0
Ohh mann Chuck.
I'm so sorry..
George is in a better place..

I just read the whole thread..
There sure are some wonderful posts here..

Teddy

Thanks guys. Fifteen years ago, I got a call from the Vet on a local military post they they captured a litter of kittens on post and would keep them and their mother for 30 days but would have to euthanize them if someone did not adopt them. George and his mother were the only ones left at the end of 30 days. His mom was too feral to adopt. George was close. My wife told me to get him so I did. He always had a wild side but he loved us either way. I will miss him meeting me at the door and pawing at me to pet him. RIP George.
Dang Chuck, sorry to hear you lost your George buddy. I can certainly understand your lament.
5 years ago a feral cat showed up at the ranch. Only about a year old, and wild. You only caught fleeting glimpses of him coming out of woods on the hunt. I was afraid he would start preying on our chickens. I told Mark Clark, who would come down to my Texas ranch to hunt hawgs to take out the feral cat, but fortunately the cat was too quick and stealthy.
I finally decided to attempt to make friends with him. It took 6 months of patience, treats, and love to get him to even come into the barn.
To make a long story short, today he spends most of the time in the house, (I put in a pet door) slapping me as I walk past, and insisting I give him treats. He is particular to the ones with catnip🤣.
Here he is after a long day of stalking me, convalescing in our bedroom.
I named him Buster the Buddy Cat.

Attachments

• E75C6E24-98AF-4936-8166-1DF307D03453.jpeg
    E75C6E24-98AF-4936-8166-1DF307D03453.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
So sorry to hear Chuck. We had an orange tabby that looked just like him and his passing still haunts me. Guess I was his favorite cuz he always insisted on climbing into my lap after dinner while we watched TV. Pets are family, and it's never easy to lose family.

@Pat Gordzelik Very touching story. I really appreciate everyone helping us through this difficult time. We dropped him off at the crematorium today as a family. My wife still had urns for each cat that had passed. It make me wonder what she will do with me.

Our cats are a part of our family. They will always be missed.

I have taken a break from the forum today. I will be back tomorrow.

thank you for giving that kitty a good life.
We have 2 now(1 mean, 1 nice) and have lost another 2 over the years. It's never easy.

15 years today, George our cat was born. He died this morning. I named him after George Lucas. I knew the time was coming but it does not make it easier.

Chuck,

I am so sorry for your loss . . . Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

Growing up, I had dogs and cats but, over the years, I became an exclusive "dog person".

Take some time to mourn and don't "rush into " getting another pet . . . You will know when enough time has passed.

Dave f.

Chuck

Any loss of a 4 legged friend is hard.:(

I lost my cat a few years ago and my Grandmothers cat passed a few weeks ago.
My Grandmother has passed 5 years ago and her cat adopted me and would jump in
my lap every time I visited her home

I miss my cat a lot and when out in my shop I swear I can catch a glimpse of her sitting on
the riding lawn mower's seat. When she was with me that was her favorite perch to be while she
kept an eye on me.

My Aunt says I need to get another cat or dog and to go by the shelter to adopt one. But I
know if I go by a shelter I will want to bring them all home with me which I know I cant do.

Maybe later on I will go adopt a pet but my heart takes some time to heal

Ma Kitty I miss you 😢

Thanks again, I am headed out to the shop. Your support has gotten me back on my feet.

I went through this stage twice with dogs. Too hard.
So last time I got a robotic vacuum cleaner instead.

Last edited:
Sincerest condolences on the loss of your family member. There are few things more powerful than the love we have for our pets and the love they have for us. Peace and comfort be with you and your family.

Back