OT: Show Off Your Pets!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Champ.jpg lucy.jpg Ricky.jpg
The first picture is Champ. He was a great companion for 13 years. He passed away in November.
The second picture is Lucy. She's been with us going on 3 years.
The last picture is Ricky. The kids surprised me on my birthday last week with him. I found out he was born the day after Champ died. I guess it was meant to be.

nz5mFkNl.jpg

He is a nice boy, doesn´t move a lot tho...

This is the late Hannah - who was about 14 when this was taken.

EC26B6CA-3CF0-490F-ADB2-77EE6F00D13D.jpeg

This is her son, Willoby, doing what he does best. He’s almost deaf and his thyroid cancer is back (even though he has no thyroid gland anymore - this was taken shortly after he was biopsied about this - which is why his belly fur is short). Both recurrences won’t lend themselves to surgery (as did the first occurrence) so we’re basically feeding him a bunch more than he otherwise would get and giving him a thyroid suppressant medication twice a day. He certainly doesn’t mind eating more and more frequently and the pills go down easy in a dollop of peanut butter (which he also doesn’t mind).

F34FF66A-2E5E-46FF-B3ED-778A706CF17C.jpeg

Willoby more awake. He’s still very happy and doesn’t really know he’s sick. He is coping with being deaf as his Mom did for a couple of years before him. At least now we don’t have to worry about fireworks bothering him.

We don’t know how much longer it will be before we have to make “the decision” again - it was no fun for Hannah last March - but for now he’s maintaining his weight and his outlook, which is all we can really hope for.

5486567F-0A25-4DE1-9BDB-9889FDA1F483.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the late Hannah - who was about 14 when this was taken.

View attachment 371867

This is her son, Willoby, doing what he does best. He’s almost deaf and his thyroid cancer is back (even though he has no thyroid gland anymore - this was taken shortly after he was biopsied about this - which is why his belly fur is short). Both recurrences won’t lend themselves to surgery (as did the first occurrence) so we’re basically feeding him a bunch more than he otherwise would get and giving him a thyroid suppressant medication twice a day. He certainly doesn’t mind eating more and more frequently and the pills go down easy in a dollop of peanut butter (which he also doesn’t mind).

View attachment 371868

Willoby more awake. He’s still very happy and doesn’t really know he’s sick. He is coping with being deaf as his Mom did for a couple of years before him. At least now we don’t have to worry about fireworks bothering him.

We don’t know how much longer it will be before we have to make “the decision” but for now he’s maintaining his weight and his outlook, which is all we can really hope for.

View attachment 371869

Bernard, are these two pups the same you and your wife had at TCR a couple of years ago? If so they were wonderful, and well behaved family members. Yes is been well over a year since we see you iirc :)

Lots of reasons. There are dogs famous in their towns for making social rounds. That end up having statues made of them. Some simply need more stimulation. Depending on breed of dog, some dogs are entirely bemused by the concept of staying put. I knew a glorious, athletic, Sheapadoodle that had a sitcom-like iterative situation with his ‘owner'.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 19
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 20
9042(1).jpeg This is Hounddog Wallace. He attended several launches with us in the past. Sadly, He is no longer with us. He has a Youtube channel and Instagram page if you're interested. Absolutely the most un-cat like cat I've ever met..

Last edited:
Back