OpenRocket motor configs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeslaPenguin1

Director of the renowned Penguin Space Program
Reaction score
I have a 24mm motor mount that is 95mm long. How can I add the 25mm adapter when using D12 and C11 motors (which are 70mm long) but remove it when using E9 motors (which are 95mm long)

Try an inner tube or coupler of known wall thickness. Set location to top of mmt tube as desired. Override mass. When using it set mass to actual. When not using it set mass to zero. I’ve never made sims for my Estes rockets only the HPR ones. I’m assuming your referencing those orange coupler tubes that go inside the airframe mmt tube to keep motor from sliding vertical. Anyways that’s what I’d do.

Try an inner tube or coupler of known wall thickness. Set location to top of mmt tube as desired. Override mass. When using it set mass to actual. When not using it set mass to zero. I’ve never made sims for my Estes rockets only the HPR ones. I’m assuming your referencing those orange coupler tubes that go inside the airframe mmt tube to keep motor from sliding vertical. Anyways that’s what I’d do.
Yes, the orange coupler tubes are the ones I mean.
Thanks for helping!

Penguins from Learn To Fly 3 videogame know how to OR. Watch out world!!! Gonna suck to be a dodo bird or an iceberg based on the game series humor.

Back