Open Rocket Drag Coefficient

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marintse

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to change the Drag Coefficient in Open Rocket other than changing the surface roughness of component parts? I have made all needed surfaces as rough as possible but I still need to increase the Cd to simulate actual results.

Can anyone tell me how to change the Drag Coefficient in Open Rocket other than changing the surface roughness of component parts? I have made all needed surfaces as rough as possible but I still need to increase the Cd to simulate actual results.
You can't change Cd manually in OR. This is the reason why we switched to Rocksim.

Pick a component, click the "Override" tab, click the "Override coefficient of Drag Cd" box and then input the Cd.

1678937177758.png

Pick a component, click the "Override" tab, click the "Override coefficient of Drag Cd" box and then input the Cd.

View attachment 568920

View attachment 568920
Thank-you "lakeroadster!" !! I presume this is an addition to the recently updated versIon of Open Rocket. I had heard they made this change but didn't know how to find the way to change.

Thank-you "lakeroadster!" !! I presume this is an addition to the recently updated versIon of Open Rocket. I had heard they made this change but didn't know how to find the way to change.
Version 22.02 was the official release of this option.

Back