OFFICIAL LDRS 42- urrg.us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is very interesting!
I am working on an extended 8" DX3 as well, and going to fly a O in it also. Not sure of the O specs yet, will know soon.
Perhaps we can coordinate a back to back launch?? No race, just two back to back O flights. I think that would be pretty cool, let me know and we can work it out.

PS that load you make is kick A$$

-Jerry
That is gorgeous!

Did you fly a K2000 or maybe K1000 that you made at MDRA last year? One of the most amazing motors I've ever witnessed.
Thanks! That flight is the picture in my avatar. I forget what I called it on the flight card, but it came out to a K3000 with a 0.85 sec. burn. The screech/howl sound effect is totally unintended.

Well this is very interesting!
I am working on an extended 8" DX3 as well, and going to fly a O in it also. Not sure of the O specs yet, will know soon.
Perhaps we can coordinate a back to back launch?? No race, just two back to back O flights. I think that would be pretty cool, let me know and we can work it out.

PS that load you make is kick A$$

-Jerry
It was your post which rekindled my motivation to finish this rocket. I originally wanted to do a Fatboy O load, but I won't have the time to finish the build and test the motor. I'd be up for something like this. Heck, I'd even be up for a drag race if you wanted. Only thing is I'd like to get in a 1st flight on an M before I punch the O, so this will be dependent on the outcome of that flight. I may come up in May for this since Red Glare is not happening this Spring.

It was your post which rekindled my motivation to finish this rocket. I originally wanted to do a Fatboy O load, but I won't have the time to finish the build and test the motor. I'd be up for something like this. Heck, I'd even be up for a drag race if you wanted. Only thing is I'd like to get in a 1st flight on an M before I punch the O, so this will be dependent on the outcome of that flight. I may come up in May for this since Red Glare is not happening this Spring.
Happy to assist in the nudge :) I think back to back launches would be really cool. This way we can enjoy each others flight. And if we can get them to land close launch pads, wouldn't that be something!! 🪂

Thanks! That flight is the picture in my avatar. I forget what I called it on the flight card, but it came out to a K3000 with a 0.85 sec. burn. The screech/howl sound effect is totally unintended.

The screech/howl was what really set it apart. It reminded me of the German Nebelwerfer artillery rockets from WWII.

Question.... You have to join URRG in order to fly at LDRS? Or does registration cover that?

A little bit of rocket candy for the eyes :) Have not posted this to the URRG BFR yet, but I will be flying this for its second flight at LDRS 42. I think it's been 3 years since it's first flight. She has a new paint job, it was tuxedo black with metallic flakes in it initially. Now it's like a burnt orange color. I use MAX 2K primer and MAX 2K gloss for all my kits. Love that stuff!

So If all goes well I am hoping to get 3-4 flights per day.(I know Morgan, sure just a few more minutes please....lol)
If I can show up like Micky does, I think I can reach my goal of 3-4 per day. Micky has his Sh*! together and I have learned the hard way. Prep at home and load on the field. Not build and prep on the field:headspinning:

I have a bunch of rockets to get together from 3 to 8 inch kits. So I have some work to do, soooo looking forward to the builds and paint work.

This rocket is a 14 foot Mad Cow DX3 8inch. Here is a video from its first and last flight which if my memory is correct it reached just over 13K. I will be sending it up on a another EX, N something.
Details are still in the works as I need to finish up some more testing on the stand before I know what motor I am going to build. I do know, as Harry says, the motor is going to be spicy :)

View attachment 622760View attachment 622761

Would like to hear what others are planning to build/fly as well. Post pics/video if you got em.

-Jerry

That paint looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see it as it should be fantastic!
I have a couple BFR flights planned. This one, "Gone Plaid" should truly go to plaid on an M4500ST (and hopefully not multiple pieces going to plaid in different directions!) IMG_0981.JPG

That paint looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see it as it should be fantastic!
I have a couple BFR flights planned. This one, "Gone Plaid" should truly go to plaid on an M4500ST (and hopefully not multiple pieces going to plaid in different directions!) View attachment 627577
Very, very nice. And I take it this flight was on a ST motor?

great videos, thanks for taking the time to put it together for all of us :bravo:

LOOK AT THIS SWAG
Hat, T-Shirts, Pins. Patches.....
Have you registered?
Signed up to volunteer?
This will be the BEST launch this yea
r

Attachments

• AltBlueFront_346061940 (1).jpg
    AltBlueFront_346061940 (1).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • LDRS42BluePatch_4193253.png
    LDRS42BluePatch_4193253.png
    476.9 KB · Views: 0
  • LDRS42GreenPatch_676683884.png
    LDRS42GreenPatch_676683884.png
    557 KB · Views: 0
  • LDRSHAT_471785607.png
    LDRSHAT_471785607.png
    391.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PanicGreenFront_847755598.jpg
    PanicGreenFront_847755598.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
Just booked a hotel and am hoping to bring my level 1 attempt to the party.

That said, my question here is are there any benefits to registering now vs on site other than the lower cost. It's a pretty long trip for me and if it looks like the weather is going to be terrible, I'll likely bow out and save money for next time. Hate to have that attitude, but my funds aren't unlimited so...

On the flip side, I'd really like to do a volunteer shift or two, but don't necessarily want to sign up if there's a chance I won't make it. This would be my first big launch so I'm open to feedback on the best way to approach it all.

Hoping to see you there!

Spent some time this weekend with some of the URRG team members working on equipment maintenance. Had a great time and thank you for the hospitality. Looking forward to the launch! I think we need a LDRS count down clock... lol.

Hi Nahtan. There's a lot of good reasons to register early. 1, its cheaper, 2 the raffle tickets are way cheaper and we have a alot of raffle prizes, 3 when you pre register you will fly through registration and not be in line long. 4 If your planning on buying swag the order goes in pre the event so id order that as well, 5 pre registering allows us to plan for the event and work to get the vol positions filled. If your not sure were to volunteer I can help you with that.
As far as the weather goes you just never know but it is a 4-day event and its been since LDRS 34 in 2015 that we had a super large launch like this so I don't think you'll see it here again next year. I love LDRS as you see every vendor in the country, so it's great shopping and you get to see the entire rocket community in one place, I love the camping and all the interaction. I hope you make it up.

Hi Nahtan. There's a lot of good reasons to register early. 1, its cheaper, 2 the raffle tickets are way cheaper and we have a alot of raffle prizes, 3 when you pre register you will fly through registration and not be in line long. 4 If your planning on buying swag the order goes in pre the event so id order that as well, 5 pre registering allows us to plan for the event and work to get the vol positions filled. If your not sure were to volunteer I can help you with that.
As far as the weather goes you just never know but it is a 4-day event and its been since LDRS 34 in 2015 that we had a super large launch like this so I don't think you'll see it here again next year. I love LDRS as you see every vendor in the country, so it's great shopping and you get to see the entire rocket community in one place, I love the camping and all the interaction. I hope you make it up.
Thanks Larry, that's helpful! I'll go ahead and register. I'd definitely like to help out if I can. I'm not yet even level 1 and have only attended a handful of club launches, so I'm pretty green but I do have a solid understanding of low and mid power rocketry.

Hi Nathan. Its very interesting. I wasn't a level 1 when I found the field in 2009 it was LDRS 28. I felt the same way you do. I couldn't believe how big it was so many vendors so much information all in one place. It was the best time of my life and I haven't looked back. Not sure were your staying. If your going to tent camp call country charm 585-739-1841 9-3 pm EST M-F talk to Samantha. Tell her you want to camp for LDRS 42 near the rec center tent area. You will be right near all us running the event. We all hang out together. This event is really cool its 4 days of everything you ever dreamed of all-in-one place. Iam glad your coming.
Get that level 1 kit ready and lets getter done. Ill find a spot youll love at the event. The Low power tent has rocket building, rocket prepping and instruction to those just starting out. Also our low power and mid power pads are a great area to get involved youll be working with some neat flight projects.

Hi Nathan. Its very interesting. I wasn't a level 1 when I found the field in 2009 it was LDRS 28. I felt the same way you do. I couldn't believe how big it was so many vendors so much information all in one place. It was the best time of my life and I haven't looked back. Not sure were your staying. If your going to tent camp call country charm 585-739-1841 9-3 pm EST M-F talk to Samantha. Tell her you want to camp for LDRS 42 near the rec center tent area. You will be right near all us running the event. We all hang out together. This event is really cool its 4 days of everything you ever dreamed of all-in-one place. Iam glad your coming.
Get that level 1 kit ready and lets getter done. I’ll find a spot youll love at the event. The Low power tent has rocket building, rocket prepping and instruction to those just starting out. Also our low power and mid power pads are a great area to get involved youll be working with some neat flight projects.
Thanks! I did book a hotel in Penn Yan already, though now camping does sound somewhat appealing. At any rate I’ll certainly introduce myself and help out if I can. Would you recommmend that I register for some volunteer shifts in advance, or will you still need bodies to fill in regardless?

My level 1 rocket just arrived today, so away we go! Very much looking forward to it.

IMG_0490.jpeg

Hi Nathen Nice build. Iam glad to see you registered at the rate were going the field is filling up fast, I really look forward to you getting your cert taken care of. Your really going to like volunteering a bit. you're going to meet and see some real cool projects. Just about every vendor in the country will be there so it off the hook shopping opportunities. Call me during the day and ill sign you up for a couple spots you'll love. 716-628-1880 Larry

Hi Jerry. It was a great weekend. We had a class on igniter making from small to the large silicone igniters Mike Dutch the master of reliable igniter making educated like 6 of us youngins on how to make them all start to finish. We made over 300 I guess well have no problem lighting them up at LDRS.

LDRS 42 is fast approaching.
Here is a quick guide to guarantee an amazing event
1) ARE YOU REGISTERED? If not visit URRG.us to complete your on line registration.
2)Make your travel plans LDRS 42 will be held June 6th to the 9th in the beautiful Finger-Lakes region of New York.
3)Have you registered your BFR? Bring that awesome project and let's get it pointy end up.
4) Wondering about your next big project? Where else can you find all your favorite vendors in one place, and who knows maybe save some shipping?
5) Sign up for a volunteer shift. The LDRS Planning Committee needs your help to make this the event go off with out a hitch.
6) Brag to your other Rocketry Buddies who were to lame to make the trip.
Cant wait to see you here in Beautiful Potter New York....

LDRS 42 is fast approaching.
Here is a quick guide to guarantee an amazing event
1) ARE YOU REGISTERED? If not visit URRG.us to complete your on line registration.
2)Make your travel plans LDRS 42 will be held June 6th to the 9th in the beautiful Finger-Lakes region of New York.
3)Have you registered your BFR? Bring that awesome project and let's get it pointy end up.
4) Wondering about your next big project? Where else can you find all your favorite vendors in one place, and who knows maybe save some shipping?
5) Sign up for a volunteer shift. The LDRS Planning Committee needs your help to make this the event go off with out a hitch.
6) Brag to your other Rocketry Buddies who were to lame to make the trip.
Cant wait to see you here in Beautiful Potter New York....

Hello all,
Can you believe how fast time is going by..
The 2024 flying season is on us before you blink..
Not only that but I have no choice but to admit I am excited for this years LDRS like I can't remember when.
There are so many reasons LDRS 42 is going to be beyond special..
They begin with where it is.
The Finger Lakes region of upstate New York..
No joke, you can come from far and wide because you can talk your significant other into coming just for the scenery and the wine tasting..
The regions natural beauty is just astounding.
Then the fact that LDRS 42 is going to be in the Northeast again means the club URRG is going to host..
There are no words to describe the people who make up the innards of this club.
You can make the attempt with hard working and dedicated but they just fail.
Please, give it to me, when I say something is beyond special- out of the ordinary it proves out..
I promise you to no end, I don't care where you are, if you ever had the inclination to attend an LDRS or a national launch,
This is the one...
And I have something to back up what I say, lol..

This is the raffle prize list of donations so far..
How many times have you heard me say I am shocked at the generosity of the manufacturers and vendors in our tight knit small community..

This list is a work in progress and is subject to change as we get more responses..

Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses.
6- $25 Gift certificates good towards the baddest harnesses on the planet. I've changed from giving harnesses for raffle prizes to giving gift certificates.
This increases the chance of a person winning the exact harness they’d like from 20% to 100%..

Performance Hobbies. 4— $50 Gift Certificates, one will be given out each and every day of the launch, what better than a gift certificate from Kenny of Performance Hobbies..

Wildman Hobbies. Everyone knows Wildman and how generous he is with his huge gorgeous raffle prizes

Chris’s Rocket Supplies.- what could be better than a gift certificate from Chris Short of Chris's Rocket Supplies...

LOC Precision. Loc will not only have a presence on the field just to support their vendors but will be donating some very special raffle prizes.
There's just no other way to put it.
LOC Precision is just a class act..

LOC is donating 3 fantastic kits.

1- LOC Warloc 7.5”..

1- LOC Minie-Magg 5.5”

1- LOC Bumble Bee 4”

Marsa Systems. Has a new product to release and they'd like to use LDRS 42 as the new product announcement platform..

This is just going to knock all of rocketry off it’s feet.. I am so excited for this one.. As will his raffle prize donations.

Mac Performance- 4— $50 Gift Certificates, what could be better than a gift certificate from Mike Crupe of Mac Performance, one will be given out each and every day of the launch

Fruity Chutes. Two chutes- A beautiful 36” Elliptical and a beautiful 24” Elliptical Fruity Chutes chute. These are just killer chutes from Fruity.

Eggtimer Rocketry. Always the coolest electronic kits in all of rocketry – Eggtimer’s raffle prize is 3 kits in one.
An Eggtimer “TX” GPS Tracking Transmitter Kit,
An Eggfinder “LCD” GPS Tracking Receiver Kit,
and an Eggfinder “LCD-GPS” Add-on for the Eggfinder “LCD” GPS Tracking Receiver Kit.

This all equals one absolutely complete GPS rocket tracking solution. This is a $160 value and a very special prize indeed..
I am jealous of whoever wins this raffle prize, I just may go buy one of these for myself..

SCP Products. Scott from SCP is always so generous. He’s donating 5 prizes for the LDRS42 raffle.

We’ll give away 1 each day, 2 on Saturday.

2- 10% off coupon

2- 20% off coupon

2- 30% off coupon

2- pairs of 10 series CNC machined Airfoil rail guides

2- pairs of 15 series CNC machined Airfoil rail guides

Stickershock. Each and every registrant will receive a LDRS sticker in their registration packet thanks to the generous donation from Stickershock

Rocketarium. You won’t believe how generous Rocketarium is for the LDRS42 raffle.. Just wait till you see these kits..

1—MIM 23 Rocket Kit

1- Alarm Rocket Kit.

1- Exocet MM40 Rocket Kit.

1- AIM 54 Phoenix Rocket Kit

1- AMRAAM 120A Rocket Kit.

1 Rocketarium kit will be raffled off each day, 2 on Saturday.

Rail Buttons.com-

6-- $25 gift cards. Thank you so much Randy, you're always so generous..

Photo’s By Nadine. Nadine will donate calendars for the raffles.

Madcow Rocketry is donating a Super DX 3 rocket kit for the raffle.. This is a special kit and very generous of Madcow..

Dragon Rocketry- Will be donating a 4” MK-109 Stingray rocket kit for the raffle

Ted Chernok

Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses

I am very excited for my first big launch! Lucky me LDRS came east! It's still 12 hours west from Downeast Maine. Looking forward to launching my L3 attempt.
I registered, joined, signed up and got a cabin within hours of the location announcement.
But, is there anyway to check that I registered and my BFR paperwork was received? Thanks.

I am very excited for my first big launch! Lucky me LDRS came east! It's still 12 hours west from Downeast Maine. Looking forward to launching my L3 attempt.
I registered, joined, signed up and got a cabin within hours of the location announcement.
But, is there anyway to check that I registered and my BFR paperwork was received? Thanks.
There most certainly is a way to check..
I will find out wuz up and get back to you Mike..

Teddy

Back