NYpower/Nerff/etc

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, I've decided I'm sick of living at home...so starting may 15th I'm moving to Jamestown, New York. I've got a really good friend out there I'm staying with, so hopefully all will go well. I've got a couple job opportunities lined up and I hope everything works out :)

Now on to the GOOD stuff; :D

Which launch should I attend while I'm there? I've heard NERFF is going to be fantastic (thanks to the shameless promotions from Al Gloer) but I've also heard many fantastic things about NY Power in the past too. Maybe there's an amazing launch out there that I haven't heard of that you would rather suggest instead. if you all have any suggestions, please throw them my way, I hope to see you all at some launches! Thanks! :)

Yes make sure you visit Countdown and Hangar11

NERRF

Shameless enough?

By the way any launch at METRA is well worth the trip.

I'm not sure, however there was a rumour that there would not be a NYPOWER this year.

And of course you are always welcome @ CATO

haha, thanks Al, I figured you'd chime in :)D) and countdown, don't worry, I'll see ya!

Here's what I like: Big, loud, Fast, High altitude.

Now which one will have the most of those? :D

OMG! I would guess that you are going to be seeing ME at Erie Rocketry Group launches,my rocket club, out of Lander, PA, which is like 6 or 7 miles from Jamestown!!! I live in Kennedy, a stone's throw from Jamestown, dude!!!!! There's not alot of ppl into it here, but our club's got most of 'em!! We meet once a month, the second sunday of every month, with the back up date the fourth sunday. Last year, the club's project was a 12 foot Canadian Arrow. This year, it's going to be a Corporal Missile.
Be warned: there's all of two hobby shops within a day's drive, but there's a small hobby shop, craftworld, that's on west third street in Jamestown, all they carry is low power/mid power stuff though.... PM me or e-mail me with any questions you have... I would be the person to ask!:D

edit: glad to use my 300th post to welcome you (ahead of time) to New York!

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!?!

my friend I'm living with is in Northeast/Erie (sort of in the middle of the two...but they're so close it doesn't really matter....)! I'll probably be about a 5 minute drive from you this summer, I'll just working in Jamestown! I can't wait to fly with you all, from what I hear you boys can really shoot some flames!

AWESOME!!!! I can see this is going to be fun... save for me, there really aren't any "young guys" that fly at the club, so let's get you a member so you can add to the youth factor of the club!! Our meets probly aren't as big as what you're used to, but atleast there is a place with other flyers, that's the important thing! Keep me posted on the progress, the move, and when you get settled! Heck, maybe we can carpool to NYPOWER!:D

Originally posted by Nate

Now which one will have the most of those? :D

Big, Loud, Fast, High - METRA & NEPRA

Really Freaking Big, Obscenely Loud, Gut Wrenchingly Fast, and Where the hell did it go High - MDRA

A nice afternoon in the park - CATO

Yeah we can't find a place to get nasty because every time you turn over a rock in CT there is a freaking airport. That and there just ain't that many wide open spaces. Still even some small field flying is better than nothing at all.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Big, Loud, Fast, High - METRA & NEPRA

Really Freaking Big, Obscenely Loud, Gut Wrenchingly Fast, and Where the hell did it go High - MDRA

A nice afternoon in the park - CATO

All three combined in a mind blowing combination- NERFF?

Originally posted by Nate

Now which one will have the most of those? :D [/B]

we have three members that fly only gas, one or two that fly ap, and the rest are low/mid power junkies, icluding myself...ERG is small, closeknit, and about as far from a NYPower, of NERRF launch as you'll get. But, in August, there'll be a two day launch, (including first annual night launch that I'm organizing) Then, in October, we have our two day regional rocket meet. The club owners are friends with Barry Lynch, the owner of LOC Precision, so he came out. For the most part, we got: kinda big, pretty loud, fast enough, and high enough to get lost in the woods, or in the infamous pond..... we have a 6,000 foot waiver, that seldom gets pushed, if that gives you an idea. But, like I said, it's quaint, so you get to be friends with the core members that always show up...

All three in a mind blowing combination: MHM.

Seriously nate, I wish you weren't going (and I don't understand it, with one of the best HPR sites in the nation near you right now ;) ), but I wish you the best in your adventures, and I can't wait to see if the people in NY can handle your ridiculous flights ;).

Oh pish, Chris, don't you worry your little head one tiny bit, I'll still be at MHM :-D

I couldn't get the day off this saturday though...so I'll be trying for both L2 and L3 at that launch now....but don't you fear, I'll still be coming to MHM, and back at boulder in the fall, NCR hasn't seen the last of me :)

LOL

That's too bad that you can't come this sat.
Now you can't fulfill your promise to help me find my AMRAAM after I fly it on an I284 :). I'll see you at Mayhem, and I can't wait to see that L3 project.

NERRF !!!
(more shameless plugs...)
And don't forget to add CTRA/NARCONN to the the list of excellent area clubs to check out.

Originally posted by cjl
LOL

That's too bad that you can't come this sat.
Now you can't fulfill your promise to help me find my AMRAAM after I fly it on an I284 :). I'll see you at Mayhem, and I can't wait to see that L3 project.

well, I can't help you this weekend, but we've still got that I110 race at MHM...

Plus, this isn't for sure yet...it's sort of in the works, but I'm trying to check up and see how the rockets are out there before I make any drastic decisions :)

LOL

(nobody tell him about the M powered fatboy ;) )

Latest posts

Back