Next rocket build poll..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next build

• Nike Smoke

• Argent

• Partizon (sp?)

• D Region Tomahawk Bull Pup and suggestion

• Scratch build

• other please suggest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bubba02STi

Reaction score
So i am thinking of what my next build purchase should be... all of which are in my build queue... and the goal is to stick around $50 on amazon... I have decent build skills and wouldnt mind a challenge either... so when you vote if you wouldnt mind explaining your reasons for it and/or makeing a suggestion that would be great...

Last edited:
I think you need to look at some TLP kits (The launch Pad) Really rewarding builds. A good test of skill. Or maybe a Semroc Saturn 1b or Mars Lander.

TA

amazon doesn't seem to carry TLP stuff and the goal is to keep it around $50... i plan on getting a saturn V from apogee... i was looking at the Semroc SLS laserX as well

You already completed whole bunch of cool Estes why not kick it up a notch and grab a Aerotech GForce?

Kenny

Nike smoke is a nice classic scale buld. It was also my level 3.

you could scratch build a crayon....like the ones at toys r us and put a 29mm or 38mm tube in it for close to $50.

How about a Big Daddy? It's a nice 3" kit and looks to be less than $25 on Amazon.

The Cross Bow and Satellite Interceptor kits are both good looking and take some skill to put together (less than $20 each)

If you get yourself a Baby Bertha, you can turn it into a goony pretty easily :) $15

And finally, how about a Mean Machine? It's huge, looks very cool both on the pad and in the air !! $20

Krusty

Hi, I just finished a"Metalizer" cause I wa lazy yesterday. Working on a "fin jig" for scratch built competition rockets. I like the "Bullpup". If u r energetic, buy 3 and build the "Spaceman Spiff, and the rocket of Death". (side x side 3 engine cluster and I have plans thanks to Verna rockets). Really a nice build, and challenging too!! Let me know, OK? [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Try fiberglass out with something like a Wildman Wild Child or skip a kit and do a scratch build which you'll probably get more rocket for your money than a kit.

Having just completed a couple of TLP kits I would have to agree that for $50 bucks or under you can't go wrong with any of them. I would also recommend scratch building any rocket of your choice - which is what my next build will be - it's a great way to build something unusual at small expense.

Back