News from Rocketmaniac

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ya all.....

I know I've been out of the picture for a while. A lot has been going on, too much of a "blank" soap to go really go into it.

But, I'm back. In several ways. First I back as a more active member of the forum (and as a MOD if the others haven't fired me:D ) And I'm back as far as my health. Yesterday I got the results back from my latest bone marrow biopsy. The nurse who read me the report said "plasma (cancer) levels are consistent with remission, 2%-3%".

This is the BEST news I have gotten since this all began almost 18 months ago. Actually, it can't get any better. I will never be totally cured, so remission is like my form of being cured.

I going to launch my "CK Onyx" this weekend at our monthly launch to celebrate.

Thanks to everyone here, (and I sincerely mean it) who has given me the encouragement to be strong. You are the greatest group of guys and gals.

I'll end this post before I get too mushy....;)

Randy,
That's awesome to hear. I'm really glad that you got that news. I am sure everyone here agrees with me when I say Welcome Back! And you know what, why don't you launch the Ck Onyx a couple times for good measure.
Glad you're back,
Reed

That is really great news Randy. Hope you were able to finish the Spacecruiser FFE.

Randy I somehow missed this thread.

First I would like to thank you for keeping your TRF family updated along the way. That was a very gracious thing to do and I could by reading your posts that it took a lot out of you on some days.

Second...I have 3 cancer survivors in my immediate family and your posts here were inspirational to the 2 who have read it so far.

I am absolutely thrilled that you have come through this ordeal as well as you have and while I don't "know" you I feel the utmost respect for you Sir. You will have my entire families best wishes with you always.

Gerald

Randy, Great news.

I will greet you with a big handshake at the field.

That's certainly great news! Glad to see you back, in all capacities!

That is fantastic news!

I am glad to hear that you are doing so well.

Now, get out there and FLY SOME ROCKETS!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

:D :D That is great news, as you know, you have beat a particularly nasty beast:kill: into submission.

Congratulations! I know I wasn't a member when this thread started, but I was following it and reading it! It's great that you're feeling better! I'm surprised no one asked you this yet, but what motor is that Onyx going up on?:D

Originally posted by jj94
I'm surprised no one asked you this yet, but what motor is that Onyx going up on?:D

Well, that last few flights have been on G77s. It's a great motor for a pretty light rocket.

I will fly the Onyx every chance I get. This way I, (1) thank everyone who has supported and encouraged me to fight the fight. (2) thank all the nurses and doctors I have seen in the last 18 months. (3) Encourage others fighting cancer to put up the best fight they have and last put not at all least, (4) remember all those that have lost the fight to cancer.

Originally posted by fyrechaser
I hear that L3 project calling your name.....:D

LOL, Jim, so you hear that all the way out in Texas? Is it saying Feb 07 or Mar 07? I don't know which one it will be, depends on my TAP member's work schedule.

LOL! Oh yeah Randy! My ears are finely tuned instruments.......
(yeah right!)

You're an inspiration to the rest of us......whenever you do it, I'm sure it will be in style.

:)

Jim

Thank God. Its good to see courage rewarded.
Cheers
fred

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Well, that last few flights have been on G77s. It's a great motor for a pretty light rocket.

I will fly the Onyx every chance I get. This way I, (1) thank everyone who has supported and encouraged me to fight the fight. (2) thank all the nurses and doctors I have seen in the last 18 months. (3) Encourage others fighting cancer to put up the best fight they have and last put not at all least, (4) remember all those that have lost the fight to cancer.

That's really nice. Maybe you should invite some of the doctors, nurses, and/or survivers of cancer to one of the Onys CK's launches, or give them pictures.:)

Back