New Member From Friendswood TX!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiggs Henry

Yes, THAT Jiggs
Reaction score
Hello - Jiggs Henry here - Started getting into the hobby around August of this year, 41 years old so this is probably going to be my "midlife crisis".

So far I've purchased and launched a few RTF models (Riptide, Terra GLM, Power Patrol) at a few local parks, and completed building and painting a Big Bertha. Joined the NASA Houston Rocket Club and have attended a few of their launches, launching my Big Bertha (and crashing it on it's third flight thanks to a stuck parachute).

I'm currently almost finished building a Mean Machine I found in a Hobby Lobby clearance section for 8 bucks! It was only missing the engine mount tube, which Estes customer service quickly sent me a replacement for.

On my build pile is an Odd'l Rockets Break Away and another clearance find, the Luna Bug.

I probably won't venture much past mid-power, as my budget for hobbies is pretty tight. Looking forward to learning some things and maybe making a few new Rocketry friends.

If you read this far, thanks!

Jiggs Henry

Most likely a plain jane Estes D12-3 - however, I was eyeballing the Quest QJet D22-4W over on Apogee.. but with the budget thing I'll probably end up having to take the quick trip to HL!

Have to get it painted though first!

Most likely a plain jane Estes D12-3 - however, I was eyeballing the Quest QJet D22-4W over on Apogee.. but with the budget thing I'll probably end up having to take the quick trip to HL!

That might be a good one for the second or third flight. I can’t think of anything wrong with it.

Back