New Launch Pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipper_52

Reaction score
After seeing a lot of pads here I got a few ideas to use some of the items I had laying around. I had bought this camera light tripod at a garage sale a few years ago for $4.00 and decided to put it to use. I just got the 6' 1010 rail yesterday and it fit the mounts like a glove. The 1/2" emt conduit stakes are for anchoring it to the ground. With the adjustable feet I can angle the whole mount. I still need to buy the secondary launch rod for smaller rockets. Comments are always welcome.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Looking good. I like the design.

I assume you had the EMT laying around. If you find it doesn't work so well, check the box stores for a 3' piece of 1/2" rebar, or maybe the dumpster at a construction site.

Are you going to use the blast deflector from the Secondary under the rail?

Looks great! Have you had the chance to launch a rocket with it yet?
I like your design and want to try my hand at setting one up in a similar manner

Based my mid-power-to-just-barely-high power launch rail off of John Coker's design. Used bits laying around the house, other than the extruded aluminum. Tower brackets are snow blower cutters. The legs and rail supports are 2" black walnut I was saving for a rainy day -- would have made good legs on a table but... Mostly for use with F-H motors and my fly away guides I have on some of my semi-scale stuff (Mercury, Falcon 9, etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
I like both of them. Wood tends to be heavy but it works.

Back