Nerrf II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there, a few big ones flying.
Distant Thunder on a K is one of 'em.
Should be good

I have got some planning info I was waiting to post until after the new year, however here is a few tidbits

1. Lodging ~ I am working a deal with that days in on route 12. If you are willing to pay in advance, we might be able to get most of the hotel.

2. The BBQ for Saturday night looks pretty positive

3. There will probably be some real solid vendor participation.

4. There are plans afoot to make the field Sparky-Safe

I don't want to say too much as the planning comittee has not met again.

Al

Hence why I have not posted much, The real serious group planning hasd not begun. I have a few tasks I'm working on that I ciommitted to last year. Once that groundwork is laid, then we make it a discussion point.

Want a job so you can have a secret too? :p

Pick something you think needs doing and tell Bobby. Then get everything in place.

Some ideas

• Volunteer coordination
  • Range planning

I'd like help , but most of the meeting places/ dates are out of my reach. I'll stick to setup & teardown.

JD

Sorry guys.

I just saw that it was six months to go on the calendar and thought some of us whack jobs (I include myself in that group) that get overly excited way too early would like to start showing some of that enthusiasm.

Before yesterday - we were closer to the NERRF I than we were to NERRF II.
Great work Al and everyone else.

Greg

Don't apologize, enthusiasm is way freaking cool. In fact I expect you to be foaming at the mouth by June 1!

BTW, I still have that battery and charger for you. What say you load up and come to Sterling for a launch and I can give it to you?

JD -> don't take it wrong, I begin to think that a major launch cannot take place unless the bulk of the planning is done within the last 15 minutes. If you have access to some bench power tools, I have a job you can do that will make the range ops easy next year...

I will start a NERRF Mania Thread on 1/1 with a weekly countdown and all the updates I find out. I will be the official TRF spy in the org team.

A

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
...If you have access to some bench power tools, I have a job you can do that will make the range ops easy next year...

My Dad has a whole woodshop in our basement; if we can help out in any way we'd be happy to.

Since most of you know that pad management was a bit on the frantic side at times, I'd like to build up two 4' x 6' white boards that have some sort of stand we can put at a pad management station. One for the left range and one for the right.

These would be painted white with the pad arrangenment drawn on it and have a plexi or lexan overlay. The idea is that at the RSO desk there would be a pad management station on either side. As pads are asigned the pad status is written ob the board in either grease pencil or dry-marker. then as the pads are filled, we know exactly the status of what is going on.

Then the launch flow goes like this. Rocket is inspected by the RSO, then the flyer goes to the pad manager, before crossing the bridge. At the bridge there is a choke point where you have to show your launch card sighned by both the RSO and pad manager before proceeding to the LCO.

I have not fully floated this by the org team, however I am convinced this would be an improved workflow.

A

Originally posted by MEGANUK1350
I will be there with some big projects and some 98/10000 blue loads.

Lookin forward to it.

Steve H

Commercial or EX?

I plan on bringing some loads too but it is kinda far off, though I wonder what are the chances that this time around the impulse limit gets lifted at least a little.

Bobby might be allowing N impulse this time. Don't put too much stock into that, just what I hear.

Just read all the threads....

NERRF II coming soon to a field near (hopefully) you. Looks like METRAs field once again.

Making the fields Sparky prrof... impossible. If the weather is right then yes, else sorry. These are not our fields, we are the stewarts only. The farmers interests come first. I just mixed two sparky loads today, so I'll be there with some of mine, weather/conditions permitting. We will not have permisson to soak the fields.

BBQ will be on, Boy Scout Troop 96 will be serving.

Raising the M impulse. Possibly, but that isn't a Bobby decision. That will be a METRA decision based on a logical reason and then voted on. METRA will not endanger it's use of the site for NERRF or any individuals with high impulse asperations. Including my own. I'll be mixing N's come spring.

I too haven't seen any official NERRF communications or call for a NERRF meeting and being that I'm on the NERRF commitee I can only assume there hasn't been any.

Hang in there everyone, get excited, get those plans in place, build those rockets, assemble those motors and get ready for a great time.

Happy New Year to all.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back