NCAA basketball tournament

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atticus

Old and in the way
Reaction score
Do any other rocket folks get excited this time of year?
This may be one of the last, great amateur team sport events.
Sure, some of the kids are looking to the pros, but most will do something else.

I have a friendly bracket going with my 'nephews' and their dad and some other friends.
So far I'm taking a beating, I picked some Cinderellas who didn't have the heart and some sure bets who just got outplayed.

I don't tend to watch much of it.

However, it's very popular with my wife -- she got accused of going into labor just in time for March Madness 18 years ago.

-Kevin

Well, I am originally from (and now have retired to) Indiana, so yeah, it's kind of instinctual / in-bred ...

My team (San Diego State) just went down, so now I officially hate NCAA B-Ball.:mad:

Xavier University, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Ohio State are still playing. Wow!

I've been to seven Final Fours, but I'm a little burned out on it.

I usually have other stuff going on during the games.

My sheet looks like someone used it as a drop-cloth when they slaughtered the family pig. :y: I had Missouri in the finals, Duke going deep, and Michigan winning more than one game.

I'm a current Marquette student and am following the tournament closely. I'm super surprised by some of the upsets that have been going on, especially duke..

BB is the one sport I just don't care to watch, but when the Mountain Hawks beat the Blue Devils it is time to celebrate in small town Pennsylvania!( I had to google this to get the name Mountain Hawk)

BB is the one sport I just don't care to watch, but when the Mountain Hawks beat the Blue Devils it is time to celebrate in small town Pennsylvania!( I had to google this to get the name Mountain Hawk)

Don't lump college and pro basketball together -- totally different games. Can't stand pro basketball. College basketball is a lot more fun.

As for the tournament, we attempted to hold a launch today, but it was too windy to fly. So, we sat around and chatted, then I went and helped a rocket buddy assemble a table saw.

During that time, I think I received about 20 text messages from my wife, plus at least two phone calls. All about basketball games.

-Kevin

Don't lump college and pro basketball together -- totally different games. Can't stand pro basketball. College basketball is a lot more fun.

-Kevin

Pro, college, high school, kiddy league - just don't care to watch, but I will jump on a bandwagon as a fair weather fan after an upset!

Hershey Bears just tied the game with Albany

UPDATE: Bears win in a shootout! 3-2

Last edited:
This thread made me curious enough to look it up. I see my alma mater (UNC) is still in the running.

In the ACC, the basketball mania is extreme. I had a belly full of it after 4 years there and never followed it again.

Last edited:
Back