Hello from Los Angeles

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavie154

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for ages and in the rocketry community in a lot of other places, so thought I'd finally make an account and say hello. A lot of folks know me as that person that prints rockets constantly, and that's more or less what I do. I also helped lead the Hot Nozzle Society's first launch event in 2021 and was on staff for the 2nd event in Austin this year and helped with a lot of rocketry outreach efforts in between. (I'm not on the team anymore as I've needed a break but might be back next year!)

I launch pretty frequently from the Friends of Amateur Rocketry site in Mojave, CA, and occasionally from the ROC launch site in Lucerne. I'm currently an L1, though I'm working on a project that's a fully printed 65mm rocket with a K2050 set to fly next week. Will do a build thread on that pretty soon. Some pics attached of my rockets so far.

Attachments

• IMG_5935.jpg
    IMG_5935.jpg
    905.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3014a.jpg
    DSC_3014a.jpg
    726.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Tritium 1 FT - I1299.jpg
    Tritium 1 FT - I1299.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    815 KB · Views: 0
Welcome from the Vegas area. You printed the tube too? Try to come to The Las Vegas Tripoly Ocktoberfest Oct 14, 15 and 16. If the weather looks good we will have a crowd. We fly off the Jean Dry Lake Bed. Regular launches are the third Saturday of the month. I would like to see a printed rocket.

Welcome to the forum.

It's nice to see more 3D printed stuff. Personally I have taken nosecones, transitions and other parts to supersonic and beyond M2. Capabilities of the prints surprises some people.

Back