NARAM news--6/23 edition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanstevens

Reaction score
Just a few reminders and updates related to a contest and sport launch we're planning on holding in just over 4 weeks:

Our block at the hotel is sold out most nights. You might still be able to get in if you call them directly (ask for Katie). No matter what, though, our negotiated rate expires TOMORROW (6/24), so if you're even considering attending but need to wait until the last minute for work schedules, money issues, etc. you should at least reserve the room now. Trying to find something a week or two in advance will result in some sticker shock--we just don't have any hotels in the $60-90 a night range that don't at least require sharing a room with some other species, often of the insect variety. I have heard that the Ramada that hosted N47 has some vacancies, but might be undergoing renovations ;-)

We'll be accepting online registrations up to a week in advance, but after June 30th (less than a week away), the competition registration fee increases by $20. While the $20 isn't a huge incentive to register earlier, I'll also point out that we've started filling out range duty assignments from the current registration list. Your chance of catching your preferred duty or being assigned the same shift as your teammate or section friends goes down with each passing day.

First time attendees--I won't divulge the specifics, but we've arranged a special gift through a generous vendor sponsorship. You'll have to register by June 30th to qualify. Every newbie already registered is already covered. We're working a similar deal for A/B divisioners, which would also have a cutoff of 6/30.

Auction reminder--we'll be doing the traditional auction benefiting the education fund. Jennifer Ash-Poole will be coordinating, but isn't planning on driving a tractor-trailer to Cincinnati, so if you'd like to ship anything in advance, contact me offline at chanstevens at gmail dot com and I'll provide an address you can use.

Advance shipment of materials--in case there's anyone out there who has something built in advance, or at least someone who wants to ship their tools and materials rather than try to get them through airport security, you may ship them to us in advance. See above, contact me offline for info.

Food notes--midweek social/dinner at the field is looking like choice of a heaping helping of pulled pork barbecue or chicken along with typical sides (slaw, salad, mac & cheese), soft drinks and dessert. If you didn't register for this, we can sell tickets when you pick up your registration packet. Daily on-field food service will include breakfast sandwiches, fruit, cereal/milk, juices a la carte, typically under $4.50 per person. We'll also have catered lunch options plus a la carte sandwiches for a target of under $7.50 per person, lots of snacks (healthy and not-so-healthy) and fresh ice cream throughout the day.

Only 31 build days left before craftsmanship turn-in (and only 30 training days left until beer-loft 2011)...

--Chan Stevens
N53 contest & cruise director

Chan wrote:

(and only 30 training days left until beer-loft 2011)

Well, it turns out Barb and I are headed to France before NARAM, so I'll try to bring back something slightly more classy to this "beer loft" event. . . . .

Chan wrote:

(and only 30 training days left until beer-loft 2011)

Well, it turns out Barb and I are headed to France before NARAM, so I'll try to bring back something slightly more classy to this "beer loft" event. . . . .

You can't turn around without finding a decent wine in France. Beer? Not so much.

Belgium on the other hand... :cheers:

Back