My Praetor is Painted!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have finished painting my Fliskits Praetor! I pretty much bullet proofed the rocket, building it with epoxy and fiberglassing the fins. Here is a pic of it Primed, not painted.

Jason

Here she is with the finished paint job. Now I need to know if I should put a crhome stripe around each of the blue sections, to accent the blue.

Jason

One more pic, this time without the launch lugs.

Jason

Looks really good, as it stands. I wouldn't bother putting on the chrome, personally.

I'd put the chrome stripes on...that's just me.

sandman

oh, that's nice. I love it. mixed feelings on the chrome. Part says yes, part says leave it as it is.

I love the red on the nose tip. This is another kit that I haven't received much feedback on, and these are great pix.

Thanx!

Ok....I did the chrome.... :D

Well, here's what I did in two pictures and a description. At the top of the top tube, I put a 1/4 wide piece of chrome there, then at the bottom of the top tube, a 1/2 inch stripe, then at the top of the bottom tube, a 3/4 inch stripe. I think it looks cool, and I am trying to decide whether or not I should put a 1 inch chrome stripe at the bottom. My mom say I need some red dow at the bottom. I was thinking a pair of thin lines, 1/8th of an inch, one running on the inside top area of the fin, then another at the bottom of the fin.

Watcha all think?

Jason

Originally posted by jetra2
Ok....I did the chrome.... :D

I think it looks cool,

Jason

Well, I guess you answered your own question in a way. If you think it looks cool, no worries! :D If you are asking of other's opinions, I think it looks MUCH better with the chrome detailing! As for whether you should add more to the bottom, I say go for it. Sometimes too much can be more distracting, but I don't think it would be too bad in this situation.

Well jetra if you want to stay on moms good side, You know what they say. MOM's know best.:D

See subject line..... just kidding.

After trying to get it to fly yesterday a a C.A.P. commercial shoot (Jim, you are going to love me when that comes out), but because of steady rain and lightning, we could not fly.

So, today, we went out to the field, which was slightly wet, but not much, and flew her!! Her first flight, on a C6-5, was PERFECT and straight, up to about 400 feet, then arced over and started going down and down and....POP! Apparently, the C6-5 was too long a delay. Remember now that I built this thing heavy. So, I got a C6-3 out and prepped it for another flight! My friends were there, and them not being knowledgable in rockets, thought that I spent 30 days building and prepping the rocket for only ONE flight. After explaining that we could fly them many times, I prepped her agin for flight on a C6-3. This flight was PERFECT, with ejection just at apogee. It was also my first time EVER catching my rocket. I then prepped it again for another C6-3 flight, which was just about a copy of the second flight, PERFECT as ever! I let one of my friends push the botton on this flight! She really got a kick out of it!

I really only have one good picture, and that was of the pre-flight posing pic. The launch pics that we did get were either too early or too late. Here is the picture:

Jason

Jetra ...thats one sweet rocket!...
I'm curious
what material did you use for the chrome stripes?

Jason,

very sweet! I love it! And your paint job is great. The Praetor looks great on the launch pad and I'll bet she looked good in the air. One thing that I like about the Praetor is that she looks SO cool in the air!

jim

Stymye - I used chrome Monokote for the stripes.

Jim - Thanks.... :p She looked SO cool in the air!!! I'm at a loss for words of how awesome it was! I NEED a video camera......and money :D

Jason

Very Cool, I bet that rocket looked good up in the air. Reminds me I gotta go up to Wal Mart and find a startet rocket kit. Anyway very sweet rocket.

Back