• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

My first CATO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My trunk, in winter, seems to be littered with motor spec cards! :D

Andrew, that's a pretty sweet trade-off there!! Enjoy it!

I have just gotten word from Aero-Tech that they'll be replacing the motor & giving me a Aerotech Arreauxbee Hi rocket kit! :)

Thanks,

CATOs suck. Customer service like this helps a lot! Well done, Aerotech!

Andrew, go get busy in your rocket-shop.

Sorry about that man, we all know what it feels like but you handled it well. As for the date code, I can read 11?307 so it would be October 2017 which is relatively recent. Also keep the cardboard tubes and a way to identify the motor (its printed on the tube the motor came in) also they can be used later on for scratch built rockets :p

Sorry about that man, we all know what it feels like but you handled it well. As for the date code, I can read 11?307 so it would be October 2017 which is relatively recent. Also keep the cardboard tubes and a way to identify the motor (its printed on the tube the motor came in) also they can be used later on for scratch built rockets :p

Nothing else to add here, but is there any explanation for the date code formatting used? Seems needlessly complex, so I'm guessing I'm missing something?

It's likely a way for the manufacturer to find out what "lot" of motors it came from in a certain propellant batch from a certain start to end date. They do ammo similar too so when crap really really goes wrong they can say hey here's an advisory don't use products from date x to y. Manufacturer can issue product recall to reduce liability.

... A motor I built myself never failed me.
Mostly true for me also, the lone exception being when Aerotech was switching over to EZ reloads - I'm sure glad they ditched those.

Good on AT. Makes me proud to use their stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

It's likely a way for the manufacturer to find out what "lot" of motors it came from in a certain propellant batch from a certain start to end date. They do ammo similar too so when crap really really goes wrong they can say hey here's an advisory don't use products from date x to y. Manufacturer can issue product recall to reduce liability.

Totally get that- we do the same on our products (medical industry), but the AT date code reported in post #20, by Will Ferry has me scratching my head: YMDDMY

Why not just MMDDYY, or DDMMYY? Why divide it up like that, there has to be a reason!?

Well, going back to Y2K days, how about CYYDDD. C is century, 0 pre 2000, 1 for this century. YY for the year. DDD for day of year.

Regards, Rich
NAR 59673, L2

Back