My first attempt....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlin

Reaction score
Today was my first try at a multi stage launch, after painstaking preparations and my family by my side we have our countdown such pride, such anticipation. I push the button, we have lift off, but wait something is wrong we dont have the attitude we have hit appogee and the second engine has not kicked in. Family we have a problem. The nose begins to turn and its headed right for the ground. The second engine ignites the rocket the shoots into the ground about 2 inches turns on its side and catches fire. Oh well better luck next time.

Bummer, don't get discouraged though!!! Try, try again.
Did you have the proper -0, no delay booster motor in the bottom stage?

Well, it sure sounds like you DIDN'T have a booster engine in the booster.

Fess up...what did you use...learn from your mistakes.:)

We're here to help...not critisize...ok...maybe a little teasing...but nothing serious;)

We need details!

The more i think of it i think i did put the engines in backwards!
Doe!!!
I was a funny site, my wife just shook her head and said "that's nice dear.."

By that do you mean that if you were going to launch it on B6-0 to B6-6 (hypothetical situation, not sure what the real motors were), that you accidentally put the B6-6 in the booster and the B6-0 in the sustainer?

It's the thought that counts.

Remember, the American space program had a few "Aw Sh*t's" before they got one going where they wanted it. So you get to build another one. Too bad. ;)

I'm gonna be trying my first 3x cluster in a couple of weeks. I'll let ya know.

Bruce

I remember the first time I tried to do a two stage I just removed the clay cap and ejection charge for and Estes A8-3 and put another A8-3 on top. So the second stage fired about 5 above the ground and rocket lawn darted Don't ask why I did this. -Laughs- I guess just wasn't thinking. First real Two stage flight an Estes Comanche-3 and B6-0 to a B6-4 went perfect. Second two sage flight an Quest Zienth-2 same engines and another great almost out of sight flite. Thrid two stage flight was with an Estes Comanche-3 and B6-0 to a C6-5 and the B6-0 CATOD at the end of the burn and lit the C6-5 and sent the rocket into crazy spins. The forth was a three stage flight with the Estes Comanche-3 a D12-0 to a C6-0 to a C6-7 all the stage lit perfect and I lost the second booster. And my last 2 stage flight was with an Estes Loadstar a C6-0 to a B6-4 and yet another perfect flight.

On my Custom Aztec, I once put in a B6-0 booster and a B6-6 in the upper rocket. Problem is, I put the B6-6 upside down (what was I thinking?) - so when the B6-0 burnt through, the B6-6 ejection charge went off and that was all.

Rocket lawn darted. I ended up buying a new kit and (re)building it. Now I have two boosters for the Aztec.

Back