EVENT MWP 18 Registration is Open

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stable1

Reaction score
MWP 18.jpgPre-registration is open for Midwest Power 18. Launch dates are Friday, Oct 30th to Sunday , Nov 1st. Head over to MidwestPower.org to sign up.

There will be a few changes this year due to Covid-19. The traditional banquet will not be held this year -- we are working on an alternate to the banquet. We are also working with Bureau County to advise us of the precautions needed to keep everyone safe at our event. Covid-19 has sure turned our world upside down but, rest assured, it won't keep rocketeers out of the fields near Princetom, Ill. See you there!

Email sent to members:

Good Evening Rocketeers!
A message from our rocket crazed president with Gnome Rocket Competition information!
GNOME ROCKET COMPETITION THIS MIDWEST POWER!!!!
To be a part of the competition, you must:
Be Level 2 or higher attending Midwest Power 2020
The Competition Rules!!! (Who doesn't love people telling you what to do!)
Build and fly a lawn gnome on a 54/1706 load of your choice.
Hold on not that easy
The gnome you turn into a flying stable rocket will be given to you buy another anonymous contestant .
Names will be drawn and notifications sent by September 15th.
You in turn will provide a lawn gnome to a randomly selected participant.
(Gnomes are sent and received by September 25)
The gnomes need to be over 2 lbs and under 5 lbs when purchased new.
The gnomes need to have their hat pointing start up (no bent over gnomes )
Please remember when you are buying the gnome that someone has to be able to make it fly.
Your gnome needs to say intact and reconcilable ( no grinding him up for nose weight).
There are 3ways to get points flight, flyers choice,spot landing .
If you have a successful flight that’s worth 25 points .
(Successful flight requires parachute recovery and fly able ).
If you land within 100 feet of the target on a successful flight you get 25 points
Flyers choice you get at least 5 votes for you gnome by registered flyers
25 points ( in the case of a tie most flyers votes will win).
Winning prize shall be determined and announced by Wildman hobbies before the launch
There is a non refundable deposit of $100.
The deposit gets you an Aerotech 54/1706 reload delivered to MWP .
In order to pick up your reload you need to have sent out sent out your gifted gnome on time and bring a flyable gnome to MWP and then fly it.
All flights data needs to be reports by 4 on Saturday before the dinner break to be considered in the contest.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Jane Denali
QCRC Secretary

End email...

Basically, you buy a gnome, but you send it to some other victim... Someone else sends one to you. No damage can happen to gnome for qualifying flight.

Oh god, the gnome flights should add plenty of heads-up fun to the launch. I’ve had my hotel room booked for a couple months, so it’s nice to see registration opened up. I just took care of mine and ordered a t-shirt (which will probably be under a jacket, but hopefully we’ll have three days of sun and warm temps.) I haven’t been to a MWP launch since 2014, and my club here in IA is field-limited to K motors, so it’ll be nice to finally get some Ms up in the air finally in 2020.

Hello QCRS !!!

Let me start by saying I always have fun at MWP. It's always an excellent event, and I highly recommend this launch. :wos_love:

But I do have some concerns/confusion about the fees and the MWP website. (I'm easily confused) :facepalm:

Let me start with the website.
The Flyers>Launch Info page looks outdated. You probably want to take off the stuff about the banquet.
The Flyers > Whos Flying page is totally busted for me (not working)

FEE Questions
My situation is a bit unique - there might be a few other people like me so Ill try asking a few questions step-by-step.

I'm 17, a "youth" flyer, so my low-power fee is $0.00 and under TRA and NFPA low power includes Estes E and F motors so I can fly those with no fee. Is that right? -or- Do I need to register as Mid/High Power $45 because I fly E or F motors?

I'm TRA certified as "M1" so I can fly from the high power pads with my adult certified mentor as the flyer of record accompanying me to the pad.
My question - Do I still register as a "Youth" or should I register as Mid/High Power because of my M1 cert?

So can you clarify this stuff for me? I have no trouble paying the fees for the awesome launch QCRS hosts :goodjob: I just want to get it right.

Oh yeah, one more thing... ever think of puttin' stuff like this right on the website itself - just to make it easier? - just sayin'

Thanks for all you do!! 😎

https://midwestpower.org/
What fee for me?

15983.jpg

Let me start with the website.
The Flyers>Launch Info page looks outdated. You probably want to take off the stuff about the banquet.
The Flyers > Whos Flying page is totally busted for me (not working)
Hi Sabrina

Thanx for the heads up on the "launch Info" page. Everything should be up-to-date now. As for the "Who's Flying" page, our site host upgraded their security and broke the report write I was using. I'm looking for an alternative but have had little time to address this.

I will pass you question about the fee structure to the QCRC officers for resolution

RandyL

Sabrina,
The answer is you register as a youth flier. No matter what you are flying.
Basically, under 18 you fly free no matter what you fly.

Thank you for your help - :D

Of course the MWP website BLOWED-UP :eek: it's 2020, what were you expecting :facepalm:

It's all still good - I'm sure it will all work out - 'gonna be great!! :cool::cool::cool:

I think pointy end up, but my gnome has multiple pointys...

Yeah saw yours....good luck buddy....

Still think sideways might be a more comfortable ride on the little guy for a K2050 ride.;)

Gonna be interesting to see some of these gnome lifters fly.

I just looked at the registered fliers list and I somehow registered three, yes 3, times. I'm not sure how that happened but I promise there is only one of me attending. Well, unless you count "Me", "Myself" and "I" as three. :)

~Dave~

I just looked at the registered fliers list and I somehow registered three, yes 3, times. I'm not sure how that happened but I promise there is only one of me attending. Well, unless you count "Me", "Myself" and "I" as three. :)

~Dave~
Maybe Clones? Or is it Mirror, Mirror time?

Tobor where have you been all summer?
Well, no launches this spring/summer mainly due to the lack of budget and time. I also got married in July. So, making all kinds of adjustments to get life and home sorted out.

Anyhoot, I will be at MWP this year and hope to see everyone there. I have a lot of catching up to do...

Man, sounds like MWP will be lit - wish I could be there, but I have more exciting things to look forward to. We have our first child due in just two weeks from now, so I will be very busy with that.

Maybe MWP 2021... :)

Back