Midwest Power 19 Registration is OPEN!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's quite the collection JB! I've been to every MWP, but I didn't always get a shirt. Wish I would have gotten one for 1 and 3.
Did 1 have a shirt? 2 did not. I think 3 was the first shirt, Tim?

I have been to most except 2010, and the last three. Life kinda put the "Houston we have a problem" holding pattern on my life. lol

Children of the corn, how come I cant remember that? Was that the kids shirt design that latter turned into the contest to design the Wildman logo?

Saturday was a great day to fly rockets. Most of the day was open skies, I'd say 70% open.

Sunday should even be more open skies with the afternoon close to cloudless.

And there was no T-shirt for MWP-2. Somebody dropped the ball, but it was too long ago to remember.

Brad

Sunday should even be more open skies with the afternoon close to cloudless.

The sky did clear up wonderfully on Sunday, right about noon. Unfortunately, the powers that be decided to call the event around that same time. I personally witnessed several fliers walk past with rockets ready to fly only to see them walking back a minute later looking none too happy. Now I understand that it is typical to shut the launch down early due to bad weather or lack of flyers, but neither was the case on Sunday.

I was told that Tim called it at noon. I do not know why as I didn't make it on site till 1, due to my usual Sunday morning activities. They were already shut down and almost packed up by the time I got there. I'm on the QCRC BoD and it seems a bit strange to me to close up three hours early when the sky was clear blue with fliers still wanting to fly. I'd even brought a rocket to fly. Must have been a reason, but I don't know what it could have been.

Brad

Back