Mosquito family build thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at the damage to the BT50 mosquito, i recken i can cut the top two inches off and couple in a new section and fill the seam.
one of the UK stores has an original mosquito for sale, but i guess i'd never build it, an just keep it in the bag for another 30 years.

looking at the damage to the BT50 mosquito, i recken i can cut the top two inches off and couple in a new section and fill the seam.
one of the UK stores has an original mosquito for sale, but i guess i'd never build it, an just keep it in the bag for another 30 years.

WHAT?:eek:

How much is it? and do they have a website, and will they ship it to me?:roll:

中国地区卖1RMB一个
只是!!!
不怎么安全!!!!

Gordy at excelsirrocketry has very kindly reproduced the maxi brute decal that was on the original mosquito and preduced alot of upscales. They arrived in the post this morning.
Will be applying them this week.
got to give the thumbs up to excelsiorrocketry - top class service and products.

Gordy at excelsirrocketry has very kindly reproduced the maxi brute decal that was on the original mosquito and preduced alot of upscales. They arrived in the post this morning.
Will be applying them this week.
got to give the thumbs up to excelsiorrocketry - top class service and products.
Lovley!

I'll have to remember that if I ever get to my 4 inch skeeter.;)

Lovley!

I'll have to remember that if I ever get to my 4 inch skeeter.;)

i've got a 4inch mini brute decal from Gordy as well, getting the nosecone from a great bloke called Paul in the club that i am a member - he makes them, should have that this weekend.

5 mosquitos done (still got to add a layer or tewo of finish)

estes_mosquitox301_10.JPG

Flew three of the mosquito family today.
The original on a 1/4A, found it later:)
The 179% on an A10-3T in an 13-18mm adapter, the nose blow recovery was not enough and it came in very hard, popping a fin.:(
The 301% went on a C6-7, a C6-5 would have been better, streamer recovery was fine.

painted them all the same to match the art card

....Don't you have a V2 to build???

I want to see the build thread on that and use thet same yellow and black when it's done!!

p.s. I saw some of your other pics. It was funny for me to see the rockets made from "smarties & OXO boxes"
My family is from " the other side of the pond" (North Hampton area)

shock cord attached, Kelvar and elastic, swivel and the nose cone.
fins filleted, and lug attached in the join of the Bt and fin. The entire rocket given two coats of sanding sealer and sanded.
Recovery will be a 12 inch 'chute.

I realize it's just distortion from the camera being near the nosecone but it looks like the whole rocket is a big boattail. That'd actually be a pretty awesome rocket... Now if only I could find conical tubes... :)

....Don't you have a V2 to build???

I want to see the build thread on that and use thet same yellow and black when it's done!!

p.s. I saw some of your other pics. It was funny for me to see the rockets made from "smarties & OXO boxes"
My family is from " the other side of the pond" (North Hampton area)

V2 is built..... nearly flew it yesterday, but the aerotech reload kit had the wrong size delay spacers in the kit, so no motor - no flight!
There is a build thread in the hogh power section.

after a break from the mosquito building (got the parts for a 4 inch and a fat boy version but not done anything with then yet) i'm back in with a new mosquito.
One of the EMRR challenges this year is to design, build and fly a two motor cluster rocket.
i have decided to cluster a mosquito.
Based on the Bt60 upscale (301%) it will be a 2x 18mm cluster.
Alan from Apo11o in the UK had the cluster rings, so i've started the build.
First was the motor mount.
Two sections of Bt20 were cut and glued into the rings.
A fishing leader was tied and glued around the mount.
Two engine blocks were then added to the top.

mosquito_cluster_301_01.JPG

The body tube was cut off an old broken rocket - cheap to recycle!
The body tube was poorly finished last time, just paint, no filler and no primer.
It has been sanded down, and had model filler added to fill the seams. Then sanded smooth.

mosquito_cluster_301_02.JPG

Motor mount has been glued into the bodytube.
End is a bit ragged. Will be trimming and sanding it neat.

mosquito_cluster_301_03.JPG

things have mved on a bit.
the 301% upscale wit duel motor mount is completed, with the exception of decal.
flew today on a pait of A8-3.
landed in a ditch filled with water.

m301x2_10.JPG

Back