Missing Nala

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Before Christmas vacation, I took my precious Nala to the SPCA to hopefully find a new forever home. I got her when she was a few months short of 3 back in 2010. She was my precious kitty. She was a snuggle cat. Allowed me to pick her up and hold her like a baby. She always wanted to snuggle me and liked to kiss (by licking) my lips. She was very soft. Also the best friend of my wife's cat Gadget (who is now 3). Anyway she had a problem peeing outside the litter box and that was her undoing. My boss said she had to go or all the animals have to go (I live in company housing). He gave her a chance once we were moved into a different house on campus, but as best as I could, he could still smell her. So as sad as it was, I took her to the SPCA. I did help that when we moved last July, the cats stayed in the basement and wasn't allowed to upstairs can unsupervised. So I was able to sperate myself a little from her. But I still do miss her. She is the cat in my profile pic.

Sorry to hear that you had to take her away. My cat, who was formerly sweet and nice is becoming increasingly violent for no reason (that anyone in the house can figure out). That's getting to be painful too.

Losing a pet is like losing a family member even if it is only to a new home.

My level 3 rocket and user name are based on my cat Manix. He left us unexpectedly and it was very hard. I think the older we get the deeper our bonds with pets can be. My wife really wants a dog now but the thought of dealing with the loss of another pet when I’m likely near 70 just seems like too much.

The litter box issue is common in cats and is really hard to deal with. I’m sorry you had to give up Nala.

Tony

My wife really wants a dog now but the thought of dealing with the loss of another pet when I’m likely near 70 just seems like too much.

Tony

I remind myself of this whenever we lose a furry friend.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f2/ce/e0/f2cee08980b9af40f48e50cc2e54751f.jpg

f2cee08980b9af40f48e50cc2e54751f.jpg

I have a "Simba" (He came with that same and it's appropriate) He's an American Bobtail hybrid.20170618_090125.jpg

Latest posts

Back