Mini Honest John sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee

Reaction score
The Walmart sale is back

Estes Mini Honest John Flying Model Rocket Kit
(4.8)4.8 stars out of 13 reviews13 reviews
$3.13
Was $11.99$11.99

1647525996326.png
1647525996326.png

Looks like Walmart is playing an "on again, off again" game. I checked their website every day for about a week and finally got the sale price and bought 3 last week. Their site indicated availability of 3 at the time. Interestingly, 2 were shipped in one package and 1 shipped separately - from different warehouses.

Is the Mini HJ based on a BT-50 tube? Might be worth getting a few extra just for the nose cone.
Diameter is 0.98 in. (25 mm).
I might build one of them to use as a wind tester. The other 2 will be used as "strap ons" or some creative use as an add on to a larger rocket.

My thought was that at $3.13 plus shipping, the blow of "never seen again" wouldn't hurt as much if it weren't to be found. But if stability is a problem, it's a good thing I didn't up and buy any of these today. Last thing I need is to be run out of my local club on a rail. :D

I've seen a video of one being launched on a composite F. With a little luck I'll find it tomorrow and post it here. It was recovered and survived the flight.

Thanks for the heads up. Finally was able to get some. Planning to glass one and make it minimum diameter. I'll see if I can fit the CTI 24mm 6 grain in it...

The 3.13 price is direct from Walmart usually. Anytime they're out of stock, you get a third party vendor at $13-14. The $3.13 units from Walmart sell out within a few hours every time.

I ordered 3 at around 10am Yesterday, at the $3.13 price, and they arrived today at 10:09 this morning. I have always been a day late/dollar short before on ordering on time to get the $3.13 price.

I ordered 3 at around 10am Yesterday, at the $3.13 price, and they arrived today at 10:09 this morning. I have always been a day late/dollar short before on ordering on time to get the $3.13 price.

That's fast!

Did it arrive via FedEx? Also, are you in TX?

My order was shipped via FedEx from TX. But it's not scheduled to arrive until Wednesday (and I placed the order yesterday morning)

That's fast!

Did it arrive via FedEx? Also, are you in TX?

My order was shipped via FedEx from TX. But it's not scheduled to arrive until Wednesday (and I placed the order yesterday morning)
Yes, Fedex, but just one state over.

Thank you, a dozen coming saturday. This is perfect as I can really use those nose cones.

Back