Restored Honest John

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzviper1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Finally finished restoring my Estes Maxi Brute Honest John. It took me a couple of years to get around to finishing it, getting decals took almost as long. It was ruined when a storm destroyed my shed many years ago, luckily the plastic parts survived. It took Tangopappa a while to get these decals posted for sale, but it's finally done.

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_065635360.jpg
    IMG_20230222_065635360.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230222_065647500.jpg
    IMG_20230222_065647500.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230222_065654121.jpg
    IMG_20230222_065654121.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Finally finished restoring my Estes Maxi Brute Honest John. It took me a couple of years to get around to finishing it, getting decals took almost as long. It was ruined when a storm destroyed my shed many years ago, luckily the plastic parts survived. It took Tangopappa a while to get these decals posted for sale, but it's finally done.

Got any photo's of it before the restoration?

Very nice . . . Looks EXCELLENT !

Here is a 1975 pic ( BCMRA - Section #217 - Florida ) of an Estes Maxi-Brute HONEST JOHN, converted to fly on FSI F100's . . . I am standing just to the right of the exhaust plume ( white shirt ).

1677502753641.png

Thx for the reminder. Bird looks nice! Getting back into LPR after years away. I have a Hojo in the repair pile. Inspiration from ez2cdave, but prolly leave it stock. We have a very low waiver on Fiesta Island. Like cap gun low. You have to be xxxxxxxx this old to get that..

Finally finished restoring my Estes Maxi Brute Honest John. It took me a couple of years to get around to finishing it, getting decals took almost as long. It was ruined when a storm destroyed my shed many years ago, luckily the plastic parts survived. It took Tangopappa a while to get these decals posted for sale, but

Last edited:
Back