Mid-West TRF Reunion 1

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame I didn't catch a liftoff shot of my brother's BT80 V2 rocket. He's always launched it on D12-5's. I found an AT E30-10 rolling around in the range box (same dimensions as an Estes D engine) and he let 'er rip. It was so fast off the pad that I simply couldn't catch it! And believe it or not, the 10 second delay was just right (although we could hardly see it because it was so darn high!!) This was the longest walk/drive/search of the day to find the thing.

That launch broke Mach. Guaranteed.

Big Red flew on a K550. About all that was left of it was the motor case.

I successfully flew my level 2 cert. A scratch built roc on a J420. Didn't get any pics. I was stuck at registration/range safety till about 1:30 and took the rest of the waiver time to prep and fly. Basically I wanted to make sure I got it done on Saturday.

Good to see everyone out there. It was a great time.

Congrads Bill on your lvl2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was able to get a few TRF stickers out to people. So what did ya think of them?

Hey congrats to you guys on your Lvl 1 and Lvl 2 certs! Wish I had been there to see them both. If weather permits, I'm hoping to make it out for a full day. Learned a few things for the two hours I was out there, such as bringing a table, chairs, lunch, etc.

So what's the deal with Krumbly Burger?! Someone could've given me a heads up? They're the nicest folks going, but those hamburgers were - um, different. Kinda of a cross between a hamburger and a manwich.

Congrats to both Bow, and Bill for you successful certs! I wish we had come up for the launch, the class reunion was'nt that great, and my son ended up pretty sick most of the weekend.

Originally posted by akpilot
Hey congrats to you guys on your Lvl 1 and Lvl 2 certs! Wish I had been there to see them both. If weather permits, I'm hoping to make it out for a full day. Learned a few things for the two hours I was out there, such as bringing a table, chairs, lunch, etc.

So what's the deal with Krumbly Burger?! Someone could've given me a heads up? They're the nicest folks going, but those hamburgers were - um, different. Kinda of a cross between a hamburger and a manwich.

I never ate there the first time i seen it I thought ACK The Krusty Krab!!!!!!! ya know from sponge bob square pants

Those are some great pics Forecheck!:cool: I really want a real camera now! My Kodak easyshare just ain't up to snuff for great pics like those.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
Those are some great pics Forecheck!:cool: I really want a real camera now! My Kodak easyshare just ain't up to snuff for great pics like those.:rolleyes:

Yea Forechecks pics are awsome. He always gets great shots

weather was fine. It got a little windy after noon on Saturday and a little drizzle right at the end of the waiver but other than that it was a great day. Sunday was windy all day but no rain at all.

Ya... windy sundays for the 2 day launches are the norm, from my experience before dropping out...

Wait til the spring. I don't know if last year's 2day launch was postponed until the LAST opportunity (rain date), but the day that it occured on was the most perfect day anyone could ever ask for. no wind, high ceilings, et cetera... that was the day larry mills flew his fatboy on an L952..

Back