Mid Power Motor Storage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce

Reaction score
I use the Plano fishing boxes for A thru D Estes motors. That works well, but I was wondering if there was a similarly good way of storing E thru G composite motors?

For the Estes E and F motors, I use the Plano Spinnerbait box, but that doesn't work as well for the varying length composite E thru G motors. Besides, you can't see the label on the motor. It seems like there are more, different motors and delays to keep track of with the mid power composites...

What's the best solution?

I use the Plano fishing boxes for A thru D Estes motors. That works well, but I was wondering if there was a similarly good way of storing E thru G composite motors?

For the Estes E and F motors, I use the Plano Spinnerbait box, but that doesn't work as well for the varying length composite E thru G motors. Besides, you can't see the label on the motor. It seems like there are more, different motors and delays to keep track of with the mid power composites...

Ammo cans or maybe the gun/photography cases with the foam inserts inside that can be cut to fit your motors.

Just get yourself a large tote. As long as the motors are in package that manufacturer has them in you should be ok. I store mine in tote in the cool basement.

In original packaging in a large box. You can keep it juat about any where it's safe and secure. Composite motors are not sensative to the enviroment like Estes motors.

Removed from package and in an ammo box with ~50 of their buddies.

I use ammo cans for 24mm through 75mm. Don't have 98mm yet but I imagine they'll be in an ammo can too. They're metal and nearly waterproof if you have a good rubber seal. Can be modified to include a hasp for a lock if desired.

Removed from package and in an ammo box with ~50 of their buddies.

I use ammo cans for 24mm through 75mm. Don't have 98mm yet but I imagine they'll be in an ammo can too. They're metal and nearly waterproof if you have a good rubber seal. Can be modified to include a hasp for a lock if desired.
Where do you get these? I have seen cheap versions at some of the big box stores, but I wasn't sure if these are what you are referring to.

I have two ways I store my motors. The first is a Dewalt Storage box with the little trays. These is for the motors that are going to the range. I typically keep this full with a good selection so I can just grab and go. The other is Peg Board. One wall of the shop is covered in Peg Board so I just hang them on Pegs like stores do.

My shop is in my basement which is cool and dry year around.

Back