Mid/High power rocket igniter vendors please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjstech

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Who's the go vendors to go to for motor igniters for mid power and high power rockets that will ship and has fair price. (I'm in Arizona). Making my own is not something I am looking to do at this time.
Thanks,
Mark

With “Mid Power” motors it the nozzle diameter that gets you. E, F and even some G motors have a small opening that prevent many “replacement” ignitors from fitting.

After popping 2 or 3 igniters on an F powered rocket a few years ago – Crazy Jim helped me out with the best darn igniter I have ever used. I’m not sure if he still sells them. Tiny little thing – looks like it was molded from a coffee stirring straw. Powerful enhanced secret sauce of some kind – just use one and you are hooked. – That’s my first recommendation, Ask Crazy Jim if he still has ‘em.

Wildman is next up – his Wildman brand “little-uns” work great – available directly on the Wildman website or at any launch where he is a vendor.

Honorable mention – “twiggy” motor starters available online at www.quickburst.net – a bit pricey but they do the job.

Back