May I Ask For Prayers For My Cat?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
This morning, at 1:00AM, I heard Meowing at my Back Door, which is always open wide enough for my Cats to get in and out. I got up to see what was the matter, and outside of the Screen Door, which has a section of Screen removed for my Cats to jump through was Mister Whisker. He had his front Paws up on the Door, but would not just hop through it. I reached out and picked him up and realized his Hind Legs were hanging limp, and they were wet. I brought him into the Kitchen to inspect him, and found no signs of Trauma, Lacerations or Abrasions. I set him down to see if he could walk, and he could only drag himself with his front Legs.
I tucked him in on my Couch, and petted him and comforted him til' he fell asleep, which he is stil doing now. At around 3:00AM, he raised himself up to re-arrange himself into a different position, but I could not tell if he had regained use of his Hind Legs, as he did not raise his Hips.
I've observed him all night, and his Tail works, and a few times he has stretched out his Hind Legs whilst laying down, so I know he's not Paralyzed. He did'nt complain when I felt for possible broken Bones, and everything feels like it is where it should be, and I just looked him over again to see if there was any swelling, which there is not.
He's only 3, so I can't figure out what is going on. He was fine at 12:30AM when he went out, so he was not gone long before I found him at the Back Door.
The Vet opens at 8:00, and I'll be taking him there to find out what's going on.

Anyhow, my Pets mean the World to me, and Mister Whisker has already used one of his 9 Lives a Year and a half ago when he came inside with a 4" Laceration down his left side, which required $800 worth of Stitches and Vet Care to fix up.
I wonder if he could have been exposed to an Electrical Hazard somewhere outside my House, and possibly is suffering from a Temporary Paralysis. He likes to jump from my Porch onto my Roof, and perhaps he fell off and did'nt land right and sprained something?
I have no Idea, but that's why he's going to the Vet.
In the meantime, I'm typing my concerns here, since I don't have anyone else to talk to.
Anyhow, I'm just hoping for the best possible outcome, so any and all Prayers for my Buddy would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

TR- many hopes and wishes for your Mister Whisker. Pets can make our lives so much richer with the unconditional love they provide and companionship without conversation or judgment. Be thankful for the time he's been in your life and good vibes your way for many more days to come. Keep us posted.

A heartfelt wave of good thoughts his way. They are so small, and yet have such huge hearts filled with love for us.

Get better Mister Whisker!

All the best, James

Sort of good News.:confused: He jumped down off the Couch while I was on the Phone with the Vet, and walked across the Living Room. He was Wobbly in the Rear, but at least he was walking instead of dragging his Legs. The Vet can't fit us in til' 10:30AM, so I'll know more after that.
I picked him up and put him back in his Blanket Nest on the Couch, and he went back to sleep.
Could be he piched a Nerve or something like that. I have 3 crushed Discs in my Spine from a fall during Training in the Army, and I know that sometimes I can hardly stand, and when it's really bad sometimes my Legs give out when I stand up.
I'm glad I called first, since the Vet is only open from 8-12 on Thursdays and they said they were booked right up, but could squeeze us in.
I prepared his Cat Carrier with a Fresh Pad, which I rubbed on his two best Friend Cats and my Dog, so that he'll have some comforting Scents in the Carrier.
Hoping for the best.

Thanks Guys for the Kind Words.

So sorry to hear this. Keep us posted; I know it was really hard when we lost our cat Jeremy, but I never really saw him suffering. I can only imagine how hard that must be. Positive thoughts sent your way!
I wish you and Mr Whisker the best; hopefully he continues to do better and the vet can get a grasp on what's going on.

Nate

My thoughts are with you. Miss my cats very much, but developed an allergy. We decided when I had to put the last on to sleep due to cancer we were done. Still have stupid spaz dogs, but I don't like them as much as a soft cuddly purring feline.

Hey Top, I hate to hear this but it sounds like the old boy might be doing better. I hope the visit to the vet goes well and the news is good. I would'nt know what to do without my girls--they are my only family. A couple weeks ago Sammy-the wolf --became lethargic within a couple hours time. She had no problem going to the pot or peeing and ate ok but was weak and deliberate when she walked--she tends to prance--anyway I was going to give it one more night and I was headed to the vet. I gave her a kids asprin and in a couple hours she was like---SAMMY2.0---Anyway, all's well now but those bundles of fur sure do grab at your heart strings.Let us know how it goes. H

Please update when you get a chance. I hate to hear someone's furry family member is ill.

gosh I hope your cat is OK...I agree with Hornet....I love my cat. we rescued her, gave her a home and we love her....would not be the same without her! I hope the vet gets her patched up soon!

I had this happen twice to 2 of my cats, broken pelvis. I had to say goodbye to both of them. Really messed me up.

Well, it seems he has a Heart Murmur, which caused a Clot theat restricted the Blood Flow to his Hind Legs. They call it "Saddle Thromboembolism".
When I got home I fed him his Meds and some food, then took him outside to sit with me in our Back Yard and cried for two hours.
The Vet says it's pretty serious that he has this Heart Condition, and he could just up and Die at any moment potentially.

I'm to give it til' Monday to see how much he improves. It breaks my Heart to see him not getting around like the other Cats, but since he seems to be improving I want to give it a chance to see how he'll do. If he is still suffering on Monday I'll likely take him to the Vet to have him put to sleep.
I'm rooting for him, but am not going to let him suffer, he deserves better than that.
This evening I brought him out to our Back Yard hang out and we sat next to our Camp Fire for awhile just hanging out.
I'll be busy taking care of him as my top Priority this Weekend, so we'll see how things turn out. In the meanwhile I'll just do my best to accomadate him and make him happy.
The scary part is that even if he shakes this off, I still now have to watch him like a Hawk, since this could happen again at anytime. I can't let him out unsupervised anymore. I made hime a Collar and a Leash. We're lucky that he was close to the House when this happened.
Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

Thanks again Folks for your Thoughts and Prayers.

Here's a Pic' of the Whisker in better times, he's my biggest Cat at 12.6lbs.:

You can do it Mr. Whisker!!
If I can survive a heart murmur I'm sure you can!
We'll be routing for you!

I'm sorry to hear that it's looking to be serious
It sounds like your doing the right things though. Spending time with him, making him comfy, and preparing for the worst. He sure is a handsome cat!

My thoughts and hopes Will be with you, Mr. Whisker, and the rest of the cat family.
(Give Mr Whisker my best wishes and encouragement:))
Nate

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. We had a cat that had a heart murmur for years, but he never threw a clot. Hopefully the clot breaks up.

Might want to try to keep him indoors. We did that when ours got in too many fights and getting hurt (got too old for fighting).

Black cats are good luck! Hope for the best.

That is terrible I'm rooting for him he is quite a good looking cat I hope he can make it. Please keep us in the loop and keep us updated.

Wow sorry to hear that, pets are great company and very loyal friends; Mr. Whiskers is lucky to have such a caring pops. Hopefully with some minor meds the clots will not be an issue, and with some luck the heart murmur will be minor. I have a minor one, which has no effect on my daily health as far as activity or any concern from a long term outlook at all.

He's a good boy and he's going to be with you for a long time.

Best wishes to Mr. Whisker and to you! Cats are the best.

Your pics remind me of some of the biggest baddest black cats my family had over the years. The first was Rufus, also known as Poofus, or Poofie, (by 3-year-olds who have trouble pronouncing Rufus.) That was one awesome cat, and it would take hours to tell all the stories. He looked exactly like Mr. Whisker. One thing I will mention is that we lived in a suburban neighborhood where the roofs were separated by about 10 feet. That bad-ass cat could run from one house to the next, all up and down the block, jumping from one roof to the next, across that big gap. Awesome cat! He also liked to leave dead rabbits on the porch, and it was my job to clean that situation up with a shovel! Thanks Poofie!

Our other awesome black cat was Arnold Schwartz-a-katza. This was the biggest, strongest cat I ever saw. He had fluffy black fur, but underneath, it was the most muscular bad-ass black cat I ever knew. That cat hated my own partial Siamese cat that I would take home every summer while I was in college. A couple of times he sent her to the cat hospital. But I forgave him all of that --- he was one amazing cat! You were awesome Arnold!

Good luck Mr. Whisker!

Hope for the best. We have four cats all rescues, and I know what they mean to us. All our prayers. Get better Mr. Whisker!

My cat wakes me up every morning wanting to be fed. Wouldn't trade him for a million bucks. Hope you have many more years to enjoy your Mr Whiskers.

Every night when I go to bed I call my cat, Rocket, and (most of the time) he follows me to the bathroom and then to bed and sleeps next to me. I know how important these furry kids are to us. Thoughts and prayers for Mr. Whiskers.

Back