Mars Rover Tracks...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Few images have sent a shiver up my spine like these....

Pictures of the surface of mars taken from the orbiter with enough resolution that you can SEE the rover tracks, you can even SEE the rover!!!

Not since Hubble first lit up have I been this enthralled by images from space...

truely incredible! Check it out at: https://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/2004/09/27/

jim

Nuts! I was hoping to be able to read its license plate! ;)

Seriously, that *is* an awesome shot. Wouldn't you love to have that one in a poster?

Think about *this*...

...these are images from an UN-classified camera... ...imagine what they could *really* do... :D

Originally posted by daveyfire
It's been how many months and they've only driven that far?
Well, it had been doing a fair old speed, up until the point where they looked back and saw this. ;)

OMG

That is wicked! How far did it end up travelling?

I never heard when the batteries went dead

Originally posted by GL-P
OMG

That is wicked! How far did it end up travelling?

I never heard when the batteries went dead

The project isn't completely over yet. They have parked them on slopes so that they can get maximum sunlight exposure for a while, then they plan to start them rolling again! NASA has committed to funding the program for another 6 months, or as long as the little guys keep working...

WW

The project isn't completely over yet. They have parked them on slopes so that they can get maximum sunlight exposure for a while, then they plan to start them rolling again! NASA has committed to funding the program for another 6 months, or as long as the little guys keep working...

k,

Just haven't heard anything on them for awhile.

Back