Man in the High Castle SST RC Rocket glider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying the markings are not a political statement or endorsement, they are simply part of the color scheme and model I was modeling, just as if I was doing a BF-109 or FW-190.....

I was watching season 3 of the man in the high castle and the german sst design and colors really got to me, with the forward and rear canards and top mounted forward fin, so I did a quick design, angle cut the rear tube, modified one of my kit wing designs to move it forward and to allow for the tapered rear tail, and to remove some forward area to keep my CG location about the same, and did some test glides indoors. I did the painting and hand cut vinyl the next morning. Looks like it will be right at 11 oz rtf without need for any balast. It's based on PS-II 2" tubing and nose cone, with styrene .03 canards slotted into the tube, and a depron wing/tail, dimensions are 34" long, 23" wingspan. Elevon controls.

There are only a few grainy stills available online from screen shots of video, so I took a bit of creative license to adjust things to make it work.

IMG_20181013_144435455.jpg

Last edited:
Don't take it to Germany and it's an ancient marking actually seen carved in some stone temples in the far East. Kurt
I've had this marking on a chinese copy of a Bren gun, as well as the reversed image on a 1920's era navaho silver ring superimposed over a bird symbol...

It depends, mostly yes, but that's only around $60 per plane and that's my only real cost....I've got a lot of receivers/servos I've scavanged from other prototypes that I don't fly that much.

Back