MADCOW 4" HOJO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
I just recieved my Madcow 4" Honest John.

Going through the parts.....only one word describes it....

WOW !!

Madcow did it again with another beautiful kit !

Nice to see a manufac break away from the usual ,grab the ball and run with something other than that 3FNC stuff.

Hey Madcow ,thanks being different !!!!!!

Paul T

We supply MC with the chutes they use. I have the HOJO kit built but have not flew it yet. If you think the HOJO is nice just wait until you see what he has coming next. That's all I can and will say.

We supply MC with the chutes they use. I have the HOJO kit built but have not flew it yet. If you think the HOJO is nice just wait until you see what he has coming next. That's all I can and will say.

That reminds me Gary ,I`m going to need another chute order ,I`ll do that this week !

You have my curiosity piqued !

I just built the Madcow 4" FG DD Black Brant II (in paint) and it`s another fantastic kit.

Cheers

Paul t

I really like the sound of that....!

Me too !!!!!!

I`ve been building Madcow since they first got into the rocketry market and have 10 in my fleet.

Superb kits ,and Mike`s fiberglass offerings are second to none ,offering different subjects and designs ,as all his kits.

Yessir ,Madcow brings a breath of fresh air to the hobby :clap:

Take care

Paul T

This thread is missing something, and I think you know what it is. :wink:
Subscribed.

Alex

This thread is missing something, and I think you know what it is. :wink:
Subscribed.

Alex

Indeed my friend :wink:

Just waiting for my new camera ,the other calved on me just before I was going to take pics of my finished Hellfire and GBU smart bomb builds :facepalm:

Take care

Paul T

this is my next build , did you get it direct from Mike or you ordered by Pavel ? ( he get Madcow kit now )

subscribed

this is my next build , did you get it direct from Mike or you ordered by Pavel ? ( he get Madcow kit now )

subscribed

I bought from Pavel.

We have disscusions once in awile as to what he should sell and stock.I recommended Madcow to him as well as PML quite some time ago(he should be getting PML stock soon :wink:)

Talking about maybe some BlueTube ,we`ll see.

It`s nice to see Pavel sells the **new** AT First Fire JRs (twiggy igniters)....very nice for small thoat AT/SU Es & Fs.

Salut

Paul t

You will not need a lot of masking tape to make the color separation on this one. Lol, it's nice I will check how you build it and build mine after, that will give me extra idea for sure.

I also push Pavel to get HP Rocket kit, I will probably build a Mega Cowabunga with 2 additionals 20" tubes, I need an heavy rocket to keep an M motor as low as posible.

You will not need a lot of masking tape to make the color separation on this one. Lol, it's nice I will check how you build it and build mine after, that will give me extra idea for sure.

I also push Pavel to get HP Rocket kit, I will probably build a Mega Cowabunga with 2 additionals 20" tubes, I need an heavy rocket to keep an M motor as low as posible.

Hahaha....yes ,for once a solid FS Olive Drab paint job !! I was thinking of doing the test round colors (red,white and black ,as i did my Maxi Estes HoJo) but I`m in no mood for that nonsense LOL

I will need to order more testors OD spray paint for this project ,probably another 8 cans (I have 4 left over from my hellfire)

It will cost a small fortune in paint ,but there really is no good alternative for the proper color of Olive Drab ,and believe me,I have tried them all !

They are all either too dark ,too green or too blue ,and for this project ,it has to look good ,not good enough.....unless it crashes ,then I guess it does not matter :facepalm:

Cheers

Paul t

phpJ6QMxaAM.jpg

phpV7ub6DAM.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Pike is a nice looking rocket for sure.My friend just built the 4" version for DD ,and my brother just recieved the 2.6" fiberglass version.....very very nice !!

This 5.5" version looks to be a winner !

Paul T

Just curious if you were able to snag some pics of this, I'm curious to see how they get the nosecone coupler to fit since the NC doesn't exactly have a straight section anywhere. :)

Just curious if you were able to snag some pics of this, I'm curious to see how they get the nosecone coupler to fit since the NC doesn't exactly have a straight section anywhere. :)

They use a very short coupler that you are supposed to glue in. There is an imperceptible cylindrical section at the top of the aft taper. The ogive is not scale to begin with so don't sweat the small stuff. It is a very nice kit otherwise, although I'd want thicker fins if I was planning to fly faster than 900fps. I'm making mine dual deploy with the chute in the nosecone. I used a section of 5" airframe inside the short coupler to extend the length of the shoulder into the aft conic. Film at 11.

woooooooooow another $ 500 hole in my wallet for sure

Yeah, I'm hoping this shows up as a Black Friday sale item with a more reasonable price tag. Compared to the RW Formula 200, this seems mis-priced.

Very sorry for the delay in answering.

I did not take pictures of the parts ,but I did do a fast build.

***** I will post the build in High Power right away ....the way "I" did it......of course :wink:

But ,as for the two part nosecone ,and as mentioned ,there is a short (about 1 1/2" coupler that joins the two parts together) which are to be epoxied together.

As the instructions mention ,these are marked when they were joined and ground down ,so the parts fit together nicely.It may take some work to get the coupler apart from the nosecone ,but it`s doable.

Again ,please see my short build and perhaps all will be revealed ,although I did do things my way ,and i did my version as motor deploy as opposed to DD (no need for me to bother ,as I want a nice "see it" take off )

Cheers

Paul T

Back