Lucky to be alive

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. He was uninjured. He was following 2 other trucks too close, could not see due to the blizzard coming off those truck. Lost control and crossed into my lane. I saw it and thought, is he f$#@ing passing those trucks. I veered left and my front right corner hit him on the right side at his drive axles. Otherwise it would have been head on and we'd both be dead.

Yes. He was uninjured. He was following 2 other trucks too close, could not see due to the blizzard coming off those truck. Lost control and crossed into my lane. I saw it and thought, is he f$#@ing passing those trucks. I veered left and my front right corner hit him on the right side at his drive axles. Otherwise it would have been head on and we'd both be dead.
Very glad that you're OK, and the other driver as well. I hope the insurance company steps up and makes you whole financially, and soon!

Wow! Glad you're okay. I would not expect minor injures from those pictures. Hopefully you aren't too sore for very long and can get some well deserved rest.

That Pete saved my life this morning.

Honestly it was probably your experience, reaction time and instincts saved your life and the truck was just along for the ride.

If I was in that diver's seat I'm not sure exactly when my body would empty the contents of my bladder and colon into my pants, but it would have happened. It must have sounded like you were in the middle of an explosion.

That is intense. Glad your instincts kicked in and saved both your lives. Hope your recovery is smooth and the impact on your livelihood in minimal.

Wow! That‘s about as close as it gets! I’m glad you and the other driver came through relatively ok.

Sorry to hear about the collision. I'm glad to hear, however that you and the other driver are still with us.

God Bless!

I'm glad you survived at all, much less without life threatening injuries. It is really hard to understand, as the destruction to that truck (and I assume the other) is insane.

Sorry you had to go through that, but thankfully you're going to be ok. Wow. Just wow. . .

Sandy.

Holy Moly! Glad to hear you are ok.

If you need your MO back, let me know. I trust that we'll square up when your situation is better.

Last edited:
Glad to hear your okay, bad weather is the worst for us drivers and brings out the worst drivers too. Hopefully, his insurance will make everything whole and you can get back to life as normal. You are going to be one sore dude for a while though I bet, that kind of collision causes lots of pains after the fact.

Sir I am glad you are still here with us. If you cannot be with loved ones please communicate with loved ones. It will help you both.

Back