Lucky to be alive

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! What a pile of rubble! Glad you made it out relatively safe! It was a Cummins as well! :(

I can sure learn from others - I will def be driving uber slow this week. Utah is talking about 'snow squalls' this week. I may take Friday off from work. I think I'll stay away from the freeway for a while!

1704810726316.png

When the weather and road conditions get bad like this, everybody (especially the authorities) trumpets the need to slow down, but few actually do. It's somehow unmanly and un-American. Left to my own devices, I'd probably be as bad as the rest. But I have an ace up my sleeve: my Blushing Bride. She doesn't hesitate to insist on me slowing down. My pointing out that everybody is passing us gets nowhere with her; her response it that we let them have the accident, not us. Another reason us married guys live years longer than the bachelors!

Great to hear you made it through in fairly good shape David!

That's one crazy wreck! I've been in a car that had a high speed roll after getting cut off on a snowy highway and it's a mess of emotions after, but the biggest is being happy to be alive and counting your lucky stars.

Losing the truck sucks, but it did it's job to protect you.

I wish you a speedy recovery and great to hear you're still with us!

Last edited:
Holy smokes man..
That is one bad hit..
I sure am glad you're typing now..
Feel better David..
Go hug your family..
Take care,
You are one blessed man..

Teddy

Bah, a little duct tape and baling wire and that truck will be good to go!

Seriously tho, glad you're alive to tell the story. Trucks (rockets, everything else) can be replaced. You can't be... I pray the healing continues to go smoothly and you're back to normal soon!

Back