Looking for the little red plastic shrouds used on e-matches

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinT

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy the little red plastic shrouds that are used to cover the e-match on igniters? I did a quick search on google and could not find anything.

These red shrouds.

1633215374943.png

Thank you,
Kevin

Last edited:
You can accomplish the same thing by wrapping a cone of masking tape on the wire and igniter.

You can dig them out of my garbage can for free. I throw away 10 to 20 prepping for a launch.
Send me your address and I will mail them to you.

Sent my address. Thank you

The reason I need these is I'm trying out the Tinder Rocketry CO2 ejection system with Arc Technologies electronic e-matches. The little red shoulds are needed for the well.

Thanks again
Kevin

You could email MJG and see if they would sell you some.

Correct. Just the red cap. I tried McMaster Carr - no luck. I'm thinking there is some type of Plastic manufacturer making these things.

When I get home I'll attach a picture on how they will be used, but essentially these line the wall of the ejection well. I'll be using a high voltage arc e-match in place of the standard Pyro e-match.

Sleeve caps for Tube Ends looks like a really good start. I get the calipers out and measure the caps that I have and see if I can find a match. Thank you.

Here is the BP charge well photo 1633576490536.png
It is show with standard e-matchs. I will be trying these electronic e-match
1633576757581.png
But I need the little plastic cap to insulate the arc from the walls of the well and help contain the BP reaction

Did the OP find what he was looking for? I work with pyro so if he needs some I can put some in the mail.

1633704710913.png

They came off e-matches manufactured by 3M corp. Sometimes we have to remove them (not the best idea) when fusing cakes for different types of effects. The ones in the picture came from some that are being prepared for disposal.

Sent my address. Thank you

The reason I need these is I'm trying out the Tinder Rocketry CO2 ejection system with Arc Technologies electronic e-matches. The little red shoulds are needed for the well.

Thanks again
Kevin
I’ve used and reused these red igniter shrouds in spent DMS motors to simulate motor ejection for ground testing parachute ejection.

The red shrouds are quite durable and can be reused several times.

Back