Looking for Level 3 certified Flyer of Record & Mentor for the Spaceport America Cup 2024

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtaKerem

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’m Ata Kerem Manyaslı. I am an undergraduate mechanical engineering student at Ege University in İzmir, Turkey. Our team Ege Aerospace is preparing for the upcoming Spaceport America Cup and we need a level 3 certified Flyer of Record & Mentor who could work with us. We appreciate any suggestions and help. Thanks!

Hello everyone,
I’m Ata Kerem Manyaslı. I am an undergraduate mechanical engineering student at Ege University in İzmir, Turkey. Our team Ege Aerospace is preparing for the upcoming Spaceport America Cup and we need a level 3 certified Flyer of Record & Mentor who could work with us. We appreciate any suggestions and help. Thanks!

Will this be your first year applying for the Spaceport Cup? And are you new to high-power rockets?

And welcome to the forum.

Will this be your first year applying for the Spaceport Cup? And are you new to high-power rockets?

And welcome to the forum.
Thanks! This year is going to be our first time competing in Spaceport America Cup but we have previously competed in the rocket competition at Teknofest here in Turkey.

Thanks! This year is going to be our first time competing in Spaceport America Cup but we have previously competed in the rocket competition at Teknofest here in Turkey.

Good to hear that you have competed at Teknofest.

Here are two links for the U.S. Embassy, in your country, that you should pay attention
to if you are selected for Spaceport Cup.

Overseas teams in the past have sometimes waited too long to apply for their visas.
You and your team members will require an interview for a visa. One of the links
shows the current "wait time" for Student visa interviews. I have seen wait times as
high as 160+ days for Turkey.

https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html
Best wishes on your application and search for an L3/Mentor.

One option is you could ask the staff at Spaceport if they have a mentor looking for a Mentee.

Back