Loki motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karatekicker271

Reaction score
Today, I had my first experience with a Loki motor. I used their I-405W on my Nike Smoke. I instantley fell in love with this motor. It produced a cloud of white smoke, a a 4 foot long flame. That I motor sounded more like a J. My dad bought the J motor, which is supposed to have a 6' by 3' flame!

Connor

Originally posted by karatekicker271
I used their I-405W on my Nike Smoke

Connor,

Glad to hear a positive review of Loki Motors. I have ordered the 38/240 and 38/480 hardware. I get to pick them up from Performance Hobbies at our next launch.

What case does the I-405 use? or did you mean I-305?

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Connor,

Glad to hear a positive review of Loki Motors. I have ordered the 38/240 and 38/480 hardware. I get to pick them up from Performance Hobbies at our next launch.

They renamed their I305 to the I405 because it ended up more like a 405

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Connor,

The I-405 is used in the 38/480 casing, and the J528 uses the 38/720 casing.

I wish I could use Loki motors but here in California they aren't certified to be used in California. So if I do get Loki motors the only time I could use them is out at Black Rock. So I'm stock with AT and CTI.

I just started looking at their stuff last week, and it looks like the best way to go for L2. Good product and cheap!

The J-528 is a SWEET motor. Large flame and thick smoke. I would strongly advise using these for L-1 or L-2

Do the hybrids have ejection charges? I've been looking at the Sky Ripper ones, but it'll have to wait if they don't... (not too long though, as I'm going to develop a non-pyro deployment system...)

Originally posted by richalex2010
Do the hybrids have ejection charges? I've been looking at the Sky Ripper ones, but it'll have to wait if they don't... (not too long though, as I'm going to develop a non-pyro deployment system...)

Dont think Loki has hybrids- I might be wrong... but I dont think any hybrid motors by any brand has ejection charges

Thanks... i didnt wanna say that definately and then have someone turn around and prove me wrong ;)

Back