• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Loki 50,000 Ns FRANKENSTEIN Motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaycee

Reaction score
I purchased this motor a few years ago from a club member who had plans of flying a full-scale Patriot at Black Rock. Unfortunately, health issues got in the way. At the time I thought we'd eventually be going to BALLS to fly this motor, but as time goes on it looks like that trip will not happen.

As I understand from conversing with Scott @ Loki, this is one of the first LOKI 50K Frankenstein motors manufactured by Jeff. It was also anodized RED by special request at an additional cost. The initial offering of these motors went out to TRA members at a discount, and few of these were produced.

The empty motor with closures weighs 36# (w/o the nozzle), the forward closure is tapped for 1/2"-13, and the graphite nozzle is full-width with the throat measuring 1.6". Also included is a 11" diameter, 1/4" thick thrust plate that was custom made for the rear closure. There are (2) sets of screws for the case--the supplied black (as shown) and also a set in stainless steel. I have set of silicone O-rings as well as (2) sets of liners/casting tubes for the motor that I acquired from Scott.

It is new and un-fired.

FREE DELIVERY to AIRFest!

motor1.jpg

nozzle2.jpg

nozzle3.jpg

nozzle4.jpg

thrust ring.jpg

View attachment 152mmBrochure.pdf

Last edited:
$1,500 for one flight?! :y:

I am DEFINITELY in the wrong hobby, profession AND tax bracket. :2:

I SERIOUSLY doubt that I have spent that much on our hobby in 40 years of model rocketry... COMBINED! :shock:

That's for the hardware not the propellant.... That you have to make yourself.
The CTI Pro 150, will set you back another $500 or more.

JD

$1,500 for one flight?! :y:

I am DEFINITELY in the wrong hobby, profession AND tax bracket. :2:

I SERIOUSLY doubt that I have spent that much on our hobby in 40 years of model rocketry... COMBINED! :shock:

I've had several inquiries for the motor, but to-date no deal has been struck. I'll have the motor and liners at AIRFest next week, so come by our tent and take a close-up look at FRANKENSTEIN.

See 'ya there!

There were a few groups and individuals interested in the FRANKENSTEIN motor at AIRFest. Unfortunately, due to the high winds on Sunday, we packed-up about 5pm and headed to the motel to get out of the wind, blowing dust (not good for contacts) and much needed showers.

If you are still interested, let me know.

The Loki FRANKENSTEIN motor has been sold. It will ship to an undisclosed laboratory for further testing...and no doubt, abuse.

Back