• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 76 mm 2-grain Loki motor case w/nozzle, $245 OBO (read description!)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I traded Jeff Taylor for several motors not long after I wrote ECP 1st edition and he started Loki Research. This is a used (not by me) 2-grain case, 15" long with an external snap ring for retention. It's been "rode hard and put away wet." There are marks on the inside that show where the ends of propellant grains were, so presumably the motor was used before it was traded to me. You can't feel the marks but they're visible. Jeff must have been working out the color of his anodizing as this isn't as dark as some of his later motors.

There are three sets of deep scratches near the forward end that appear to be from a 3-jaw chuck. I don't think they compromise the casing strength, they're just quite ugly; I would not hesitate to fly a rocket with this motor.

As can be seen in the photo, the aft part of the nozzle had a part broken off during storage. There are two o-ring grooves; the cracked-off part is aft of the second groove. It's more cosmetic damage than functional, again, I'd not hesitate to use this for static testing or for flight, even with just one o-ring (it's actually similar to the nozzle design from in ECP first edition). Nonetheless, it IS damage. Nozzle throat is 1/2" or #32.

Included are four snap rings and a set of large snap-ring pliers. Needs a nozzle washer and a forward closure. I also have a couple of phenolic liners and phenolic casting tubes that fit this casing; let me know if you're interested in them.

Price includes shipping in the lower 48. Paypal or check.
IMG_3818.jpg IMG_3812.jpg IMG_3819.jpg

Last edited:
Back