LOC Park Flyers HyperLOC 160 and SandHawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DankoRocks

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

Today we launched 2 LOC park flyers. The HyperLOC 160 and PF SandHawk. Both beautiful flights! Both on F23 7FJ. The SanHawk is a bit of a porker at 15 oz dry. Hyperlock came in at 10.1 oz dry. Very pleased with the flights though.

Dan

Attachments

• lochl.jpg
    lochl.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 0
  • locsh.jpg
    locsh.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 0
Damn I am so jealous that you're getting warm weather in December. Here in the Northeast, it's chilly. I mean, it wasn't terrible on Sunday here either, so we also had a launch, but I think by January's launch (on New Years Day), we'll all be freezing our collective butts off, but we shall see. Puerto Rico looks very nice right now. Maybe time to book a flight and a hotel!

I also recently completed a Park Flyer Sandhawk, and yeah, at about 450grams, it's going to want those higher initial thrust F motors. Don't even think about an E.

Damn I am so jealous that you're getting warm weather in December. Here in the Northeast, it's chilly. I mean, it wasn't terrible on Sunday here either, so we also had a launch, but I think by January's launch (on New Years Day), we'll all be freezing our collective butts off, but we shall see. Puerto Rico looks very nice right now. Maybe time to book a flight and a hotel!
It's basically Summer all year round. Winter gets a bit more fresh air coming from the north so temps will go to mid 50 in some places but that's about it. As a matter of fact, this might be the best time of the year to be outside. Nice fresh air. Summer is hellish here.

I also recently completed a Park Flyer Sandhawk, and yeah, at about 450grams, it's going to want those higher initial thrust F motors. Don't even think about an E.
I really like both! Had to add a bit of nose weight on both for them to balance correctly on the F23. Flights were picture prefect though. F23 puts the HyperLOC close to 1700'. I have a RMS casing with some G64 reloads, not sure if I'll lunch the HyperLOC:D with that motor. I got an LOC Athena that might be able to fly on the G64 and a LOC Goblin 4.

I launched my LOC PF Black Brant X on an E20-4W and it was fine. Didn't go crazy-high, but more than enough thrust to get it up straight and recover properly.

Back