LOC instructions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOC kits come with instructions??? Who knew :) Of course I build mine the way I want (zipper-less booster section) so instructions are no good for me.

I have a set of Mini Missiles and a Star Fighter, none have been opened so I am not sure what is in the package. If I decide I need instructions, I know where to get them.

The "Loc mini missiles" have instructions because they are smaller and easier to build, therefore making them an applicable kit for an inexperienced rocketeer who might need instructions. The star fighter may or may not have instructions. In my experience, it is the 38mm and above motor mount kits that don't have instructions.

Any particular LOC kit you want to investigate? If they're online, I'll print them and send them snail mail. Just PM your address.
Yes there are a few, mainly the LOC 4 and the Bruiser.Considering the LOC 4 for a potential L1 attempt, maybe around this time next year.As for the Brusier,that's would be for a L2 but that's gonna be down the road a ways.Be sending a PM in a few minutes.

Yes there are a few, mainly the LOC 4 and the Bruiser.Considering the LOC 4 for a potential L1 attempt, maybe around this time next year.As for the Brusier,that's would be for a L2 but that's gonna be down the road a ways.Be sending a PM in a few minutes.

That bug really is biting isn't it? Cool!!!

I'm not building any LOC kit.I was mostly curious.Because it seems to me that kit instructions should be a prerequisite.After all, you wouldn't build a house without blueprints, would you?
But you are not building a house!

Generally speaking, LOC would have some instructions on the back of the art card if I remember correctly. But also generally speaking, by the time you're ready to build the bigger rockets like that, you have a pretty good idea of how they go together.

Guess you're not considering a WM kit 😀. Bigger rockets the guide tells you what needs to be done, Estes tells you how To do it.

One thing I always liked about the PML line was their excellent instructions. They were clearly illustrated and well written enough that a neophyte could follow them. I learned how to build high power rockets from them. Then, as I understood more I was able to choose how I wanted to modify them to fit my needs.
I absolutely understand that some advanced kits should be considered as part sets for experienced builders, but I think that kits like Loc sells (excellent quality parts and nice designs) would benefit from better instructions. That’s easier to say than to do; it’s hard (and expensive) putting together a good set of instructions like PML did.

Generally, my LOC kits are so easy to put together with or without instructions, I have to measure my efforts at kit work so as not to finish them too quickly. I'm a builder before I'm a flyer.

LOC is pretty awesome.

I've got a 7.5" MegaMagg that I'm trying to decide just how serious I want it to be. Fiberglass? extra fillets????

Back