LOC instructions?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaffgeorge2

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question, but does anybody know why LOC doesn't include written instructions in their kits? For someone like me who doesn't own a computer, getting them online is quite problematic.As questionable as it sounds, I'm the kind of person who NEEDS instructions, I don't want to have to eyeball things on a tiny phone screen.As of yet I don't have any LOC kits but this just might be a deal breaker.

LOC kits are amazing. If you have any questions about assembly, just ask.

Not trying to be “that guy” but a quick trip to your local library could be in order - computer access is typically free and printing services very low cost.

Not trying to be “that guy” but a quick trip to your local library could be in order - computer access is typically free and printing services very low cost.
What exactly would the OP print out, though? The only LOC instructions I'm aware of are either in video form or there are generic instructions that aren't specific to any particular kit.

What exactly would the OP print out, though? The only LOC instructions I'm aware of are either in video form or there are generic instructions that aren't specific to any particular kit.
If he’s building a LOC IV here’s the link

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0568/7489/3503/files/PK-48-Instructions.pdf?v=1623760037
Or if he’s really going old school how about the Magnum

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0568/7489/3503/files/MAG329Instructions.pdf?v=1623648319
Or maybe a Public Missiles Bull Puppy is more in his groove

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...llPuppy2_1instructionbooklet.pdf?v=1630395067
The LOC folks have been working to update the instructions for their original kits and the PML kits - not all online but a fair number are now.

This may sound like a stupid question, but does anybody know why LOC doesn't include written instructions in their kits? For someone like me who doesn't own a computer, getting them online is quite problematic.As questionable as it sounds, I'm the kind of person who NEEDS instructions, I don't want to have to eyeball things on a tiny phone screen.As of yet I don't have any LOC kits but this just might be a deal breaker.
Every Loc kit I've built has had written instructions.

I've watched some build videos of various LOC kits, and none of them have included instructions specific to that model. These are videos of their LPR (BT-50 sized) kits, though.

I downloaded the instructions for my LOC Iris on my phone, emailed it to the library, and they printed it out for 25 cents per page ($2.00).

If you can access this forum, you can get the instructions.

I've watched some build videos of various LOC kits, and none of them have included instructions specific to that model. These are videos of their LPR (BT-50 sized) kits, though.
That would be the Loc One series.
The instructions are generic but the construction of those is simple.
But written instructions are included in the kits.
As has been mentioned on many threads, MPR and HPR instructions frequently are sparse because it is assumed that the builder has prior experience with LPR kits.
So details may be lacking.

Many of the Loc kits have new instructions in pdf format with clickable links. There are also generic instructions with clickable links for the kits that assemble in a straightforward manner. There are plenty of choices, just download the instructions before you buy, and choose what you want

I would assume that the folks who built my house started with some popcicle stick cabins in grade school and a bird house in shop class. Yes, back in the day a level of experience was expected AND it was assumed that many folks would customize their builds anyway. The current LOC crew has done an amazing job updating their product line. Some kits like the Magnum still go the old school no instruction route. That one's probably not for you @skaffgeorge2 .

Just built a Loc Big Nuke 3E which I got six months ago. I had to download the instructions from the website. about 2 years ago I built a Wolverine and the instructions were included.

I would assume that the folks who built my house started with some popcicle stick cabins in grade school and a bird house in shop class. Yes, back in the day a level of experience was expected AND it was assumed that many folks would customize their builds anyway. The current LOC crew has done an amazing job updating their product line. Some kits like the Magnum still go the old school no instruction route. That one's probably not for you @skaffgeorge2 .
Yóu're probably right about that, considering that I have no practical experience with composite motors, and may not for the next several years do to financial constraints.I certainly hope I can manage it at some point, because I've been to several launches, and now that damn bug is biting really hard..

So the OP wants written instructions but Loc now only provides downloadable ones and he doesn't have a computer but does have a mobile phone? And doesn't want to squint down on a tiny screen?
Dpwnload the instructions to your phone.
Get access to a WiFi or Bluetooth enabled printer. Most new printers have this.
If you don't have one then borrow a friends' or get access from a public library or printing service provider like Office Depot.
Google "How to print a file from your (........) phone"
(Android or iPhone).
Follow the instructions.
Done.

They never include instructions for their kits, but if you go to the LOC website, just go to where the kit is and you can download free instructions for it!

Saves them money in print and shipping costs. I think the thought might also be that by the time one is ready to build an LOC kit, you have a good idea how it should be done.

I have a set of Mini Missiles and a Star Fighter, none have been opened so I am not sure what is in the package. If I decide I need instructions, I know where to get them.

They never include instructions for their kits, but if you go to the LOC website, just go to where the kit is and you can download free instructions for it!
Like I said before, I always had written instructions included with the Loc kits.
So this exclusion must be a new thing.
Ordered a Parkflyer Magnum from erockets a couple of months ago.
Written instructions included:
0624230726[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back