Littlre Joe 2 Launch Pad project images posted..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silverleaf,

Truly an amazing job!

Found a link for ten high resolution LJII photos from John Pursley's site, which you may find useful. Don't know if these are all included in the NASA link, but at least they're all together.

https://www.accur8.com/Little Joe II/little_joe_ii.htm

And if you haven't seen Pursley's site itself, it's well worth a look. Incredible models and lots of useful tips.

Gus,

Thanks !

I have those images, but do appreciate your reposting the link, I lost that bookmark awhile back and couldn't remember his name.

Except for one image, those are of the Little Joe 2 002 version, but are still wonderful images. Most of those are on the Dorffler collection. 8)

Cheers my friend,

Well,

After many trials and tribulations, I've made headway on the final pieces of the Launch Pad.

First off, I wanted to thank each person whom has supported this endeavor, and a huge thanks goes to Gordon for putting the initial thought in my head with his " I did the rocket, you do the launch pad" comment. Yeah, it was a stretch at first, but after seeing the drawings, well..the rest is history.

So, without further ado, I'm proud to announce, she is done !

Warning, the page is very graphic intensive, so please be patient. 8)

Click on the Launch Pad image for the page.

https://scale-rocketry.tripod.com/id24.htm

I'm whipped, so I'm off to sleep for 20 hours...8)

Silverleaf,

Absolutely Awesome !!!

Truly incredible, not just in concept, but in the quality of the workmanship as well.

I can't believe you did the hoses, lines, and sandbags too!

Holy cow. I'm just totally blown away.

You have every right to be incredibly proud.

What a magnificent creation!

Great pics! Great Models!

See, even with the trees it looks so much better outside.

The colors seem to show up better and all the details are just amazing.

Sorry to be so gushy but I am proud of the job you did.

sandman

Hiya Guys,

Well rested now. 8)

Thank you for the comments, again I'm just tickled that it turned out so well, and more importantly that its done. lol

I'm taking a few weeks off from building, but will be starting a instructions pack down the road. I've a sneaking suspicion this thing will be very large by the time I get done, but I will make it available for anyone whom is interested.

Thanks again guys, and best of luck to anyone going to LDRS this week.

Cheers,

An info pack would be great!.

A kit would wind up costing as much as the rocket.

sandman

Gordon,

I saved a bit by using an old frame, having a piece of 1/4" plywood cut, and using the heavy cardstock backing for the foundation.

Plastruc parts and sheeting and Tenax Glue (2 bottles) came to 50 bucks total. Including the sandbags ( 7.99 ), the wire from radio shack (2 seperate guages @ 5.99 & 4.99), and all the paints, I've got 80 bucks wrapped up in her.

So that puts this project at around 200 bucks total investment.

Back