Liscences

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
sorry i wanted to add this to that last post about registering for high power liscenses but i couldn't find it...

now say i wanted to get into higher powered rocketry... i know i would have to build a rocket and launch it infront of a certified member but sadly im underage... now lets just say i built the rocket, and my dad got the liscense for the engines... would that work? i mean hes pretty much completely clueless to the world of rocketry (and any basic principles of phisics... yes i read rocket boys... yes i actually studied there calculations... its kind of an obsession)...

now would this somehow be slightly illegal or would i have to teach him about rocketry?

Rabid...

Unfortunately you cannot Certify. You have to be 18 and you have to build the rocket you want to fly. That doesn't mean you build it and your dad flies it...he would actually have to build and fly a rocket himself as he would be the one certifying.

Carl

figured so... ok so now ill just get him addicted to rocketry:D

and yes i spelt physics wrong...

Back