Light Fuse, Get Away...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the first video had audio. I bet there was shouting and profanity, and I would have enjoyed the WHOOMP!

Maybe the bonfire guy and the human torch kid could team up. Set up the bonfire wood and soak it in gas. Get the kid soaked down real good. Light him on fire and have him run and dive onto the waiting pyre. BOOM! Fun times.

I wish the first video had audio. I bet there was shouting and profanity, and I would have enjoyed the WHOOMP!

Maybe the bonfire guy and the human torch kid could team up. Set up the bonfire wood and soak it in gas. Get the kid soaked down real good. Light him on fire and have him run and dive onto the waiting pyre. BOOM! Fun times.
Sounds like an idea. I'll be back.

I get a kick out of the one fireman saying " I smell gas so it can't be long before it starts." He was right about that!!

Yeah, and in the one with the kid who jumps in the water, when he is handed the lighter, I think I hear someone tell him to get up on the rail first. Good thinking! You don’t want to have to climb up there while already on fire! Use your brain, ya dope!

I ended up accidentally clicking the “watch on YouTube” control on the first video, and now my YouTube feed is filled with dumbasses blowing themselves up while lighting bonfires. Here’s one. This has audio, so cover your ears if you don’t like listening to pottymouth people who are surprised to be blown up.

Yeah, and in the one with the kid who jumps in the water, when he is handed the lighter, I think I hear someone tell him to get up on the rail first. Good thinking! You don’t want to have to climb up there while already on fire! Use your brain, ya dope!
An idiot with a brain. Jumbo shrimp, military intelligence.

Check out this slow motion one! Yikes!

Edit: Didn’t realize this fire video would automatically play the other videos after it. Hmmm…

Last edited:

That’s so appropriate. That video has a few little nuggets in it, like the Just Do It guy. I also like the kid with his arm in a sling. He’s having a bad week. First he breaks his arm, and now he’s on fire. The only silver lining there is that the arm in the sling is probably the only part of him that didn’t get scorched.

I also see people unwittingly stereotyping themselves into a corner. The fire keeps them warm there.

I ended up accidentally clicking the “watch on YouTube” control on the first video, and now my YouTube feed is filled with dumbasses blowing themselves up while lighting bonfires. Here’s one. This has audio, so cover your ears if you don’t like listening to pottymouth people who are surprised to be blown up.

What did they think was going to happen?

Oh, wait. "Think." Wrong word for these guys.

I make fun of these guys, but it’s not like I haven’t been completely engulfed in flames due to tomfoolery a time or two myself.

That's a pretty brilliant white flame when he poured the bucket on the fire. The description said it was full of firestarters, someone in the comments claimed it was magnesium. It doesn't quite looked like burning magnesium turnings to me, even though it was bright. (Having done that for a demonstration...) It does look like something finely ground flashed at the same time. Coffee creamer, flour, sawdust are all known to make a similar looking fireball. If the tub was full of paraffin firestarters, the broken bits and dust when he shook the tub would do the same thing.

Here’s one where you see the flames really spread out through the fumes on the ground. The music bugs me, but the maniacal laughter is a nice touch. I’m not exactly sure what’s going to happen after I paste this link because it’s part of a YouTube “mix”, and the last time I did this, there were other videos that played after the one I intended to share.

Edit: Sure enough, after the bonfire explosion, it goes into the video about the guy breaking his buttocks trying to cannonball into solid ice. Not what I meant to share.

I agree. Not magnesium or any other metal fuel. Like aluminum. It looked to me like it was ash. That would temporarily smoother the fire. The fire would push the ash up by the heat and flames. Once dispersed enough the ash becomes fuel and whoosh. I'm curious as to why, what ever it was he threw it in the fire box instead of on top.

Back