Light Fuse, Get Away...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don’t see dolphins covering themselves with gas and being set on fire.

On the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.
—Douglas Adams​

Hello everyone, you're watching the dangerous explosives you tube channel and today we're going to be learning how to dangerously explode petrol everywhere! Step one, dump it everywhere, step two, let it vaporize for a while. Then you're ready to explode!

I wonder if that flaming kid had any hair or eyebrows left. Probably not. How does something like that even come up. You know that stunt went out on social media. I wonder how many idiots ended up in an emergency room.

They did a highly successful series of "Jackass" movies about this kind of thing. My favorite was filling his swim shorts full of shrimp then allowing himself to be mouthed by a hungry whale shark. What could possibly go wrong?

Years ago, at a different house, I was watching TV and I heard a VERY loud whooomp that rattled my house and I assumed something bad had just happened.

My neighbor across the street used gasoline to start a fire just like this guy, but poured the gas and then went inside to get a lighter. While he was inside for a few minutes a nice large cloud of gas vapor formed. He walked up and as soon as he lit his lighter, well before he expected the fire to gently start, the area exploded.

Luckily he didn't burn down anyone's house but he did get a few burns to live with.

75% gas with 25% diesel.
Adjust the proportions with temperature (i.e. more gas for cold).
Lights easier than straight diesel.
Does not have the explosive tendencay of straight gas.
I call it 'fire juice'.

In my younger years I tried to use gas to start a pile of wet leaves to burn . Put gas on the pile but forgot
the matches. By the time I came back with the matches the gas vapors had a good start under the pile
of leaves. Lesson learned and " I am much better now " I smelled like burning oak leaves for a week !

Back