liftoff! gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scratch built "Razor Blade"
RazorBladeLaunch.jpg

Big Bertha with dual C6-5 motors
BigBerthaLaunch.jpg

Freedoms price In Full paint and stickershock graphics on a LOKI M2550 Blue Motor...

Hutto TX Jan 2012.

DSCF2801.jpg 6yM5Gh.jpg 3fkFDh.jpg

Last edited:
This the fourth launch of a 4" semi scale Patriot. Motor was a research J (6grain 38mm). The ejection charge at apogee failed. The igniter popped but failed to light the powder. Main popped at 300' as it was coming in ballistic. Not much left, but the e-bay survived,

image-1770700317.jpg

image-219521319.jpg

This the fourth launch of a 4" semi scale Patriot. Motor was a research J (6grain 38mm). The ejection charge at apogee failed. The igniter popped but failed to light the powder. Main popped at 300' as it was coming in ballistic. Not much left, but the e-bay survived,

Sad to see. If you don't mind me asking, how long was your payload section? I core sampled mine, and am going to convert it to DD.

Nice looking launch site. Is that a levee in the background?

Not really it is actually a dam.. and the launch is taking place inside it...
that was built so if the damn upstream ever fails. or overloads, this seconday dam is supposed to catch it.. in the real bad rainy seasons you cant launch there.. that is all underwater.. :D

Fe Dude said:
Sad to see. If you don't mind me asking, how long was your payload section? I core sampled mine, and am going to convert it to DD.

24" payload deployed a 45" topflite. Chute stripped right off and bled a lot of energy before impact saving the electronics and motor hardware.

Hey you are making miss those SCRA launches... I lived about a mile from there for YEARS..
I kind of wish CA wasn't so strict so I didn't have to drive an hour just to launch, but I admit it's really fun watching some 50 flights of your own rockets as well as other people's (including some really fascinating creations) compared to just driving to a remote area, firing off a couple of 3 packs, and going home.

Nice looking launch site. Is that a levee in the background?
As Stickershock23 said, it's a flood control dam. We get very little rain around here, but we also have poor drainage. That gives us reason to have many flood control basins. The larger ones are turned into recreational facilities which often include parks, ponds, golf courses, bike paths, nature preserves, model airplane fields, etc. (which are obviously closed during heavy rain).

1. My Ultimate Wildman on a Pro75 6G M2045BS. Flew to 8,646ft.

2. My Extreme Darkstar on a Pro54 6GXL L935IM. Flew to 7,452ft.

_MG_0107-1.jpg

_MG_0147-1-2.jpg

Last Saturday was an absolute fantastic day to launch and very rare in Oklahoma--NO WIND!!!!:D

Here are two of mine...the first my clone 1/100th scale Saturn 1B on a D12--I finished it back in 2009 but the weather (and burn bans) did not cooperate until Saturday.

The second is a scratch built I call "Preparation H" because it is designed to fly up to "G" motors. This is it's maiden flight on an F20...

DSC_4164MR.jpg

DSC_4167MR.jpg

Ok last post for a while!:eek::p:D

Last scratcher going up......

I LOVE this new camera, 10 shots a second burst mode!

rockets 042.jpg

rockets 043.jpg

rockets 044.jpg

rockets 053.jpg

rockets 054.jpg

[POW]Eagle159;323567 said:
Ok last post for a while!:eek::p:D

Last scratcher going up......

I LOVE this new camera, 10 shots a second burst mode!

Some cool looking scratchers! I love burst mode too. What kind of camera did you get?

Neil McGilvray got a good shot of my PR Patriot going up on a K360 white.

LLS_3578.jpg

and one of a Darkstar drag race

LLS_4066.jpg

Back