Level 2 Mini Magg Loki J-528

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thobin

Reaction score
Well I got to launch one rocket today before the wind kicked up and shut us down. We had some electrical problems, we think dead battery's that didn't get charged from the last launch.

Only those with low voltage igniters where getting anything off the ground. So six walks of shame to the pad to try a new wire or battery finally I bummed a low voltage igniter and I was in business.

I wish I had a better camera but its the red Mini Magg (Das Kommie Magg) way out on pad 17. Alex the guy who normally does an awesome job taking our pictures was absent so I blame him. We only set out a few pads this time because of low turnout (we normally have fire restrictions this time of the year) so there were only the J pads and they are out there.

Anyway to make a long story short after try number six the Loki J-528 burst to life and made haste in the upward direction, very loud BTW I even heard a few "Holy crap what was that!" from the spectators. Very impressive motor almost to much for the Magg, I cant say I have ever seen a Magg move that fast, now I cant wait till I can get the Loki 38mm 1200.

It made the trip to 3711ft according to my altimeter in a real hurry, good eject and deploy and we heard the pop of the backup go off. It took a minutes to catch a glimpse of the laundry, but it was under a full chute on the way down. Fortunately for me a new prospect to the hobby was there and happy to help and he drove me out to my rocket which landed near a mile away. And I may have not caught up with it because the wind was giving it a nice drag, it's was scratched up a bit and full of dirt but still in good shape. An Awesome UP plus a great DOWN equals LEVEL 2 Cert!:headbang:

TRA #05571 lvl 2 :w:

TA

2013-09-21 10.06.00.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't make it out. I would have done anything to get out of that classroom and onto the flying field. Glad you had a successful flight and congrats on that L2! Time to burn some L loads. :wave:

Alex

Congrats on the L2. I figured the wind would be a problem today. I'm adding an av bay to the rocket I did my level 1 with at hellfire, and hoped to have it ready by today. Perhaps next month.

Joe

Me and one of my minions out at the pad. Thanks to Robert for this picture.

TA

04242f5f8317a73c8762d930.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make it out. I would have done anything to get out of that classroom and onto the flying field. Glad you had a successful flight and congrats on that L2! Time to burn some L loads. :wave:

Alex

Congrats on the L2. I figured the wind would be a problem today. I'm adding an av bay to the rocket I did my level 1 with at hellfire, and hoped to have it ready by today. Perhaps next month.

Joe

Thanks! Now I can buy some real motors! :headbang:

TA

Back