Level 1 at Lucerne 11/10/23

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mao_Zedung

Reaction score
Finally went out and got my L1 on Friday. Went with my uncle who got me into the hobby. He got it too, and I couldn’t be prouder. Super happy to be able to get H’s and I’s and just have the experince under my belt. Thanks to the forum for all the help you’ve given me with my stuff. Appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_5799.mov
    6.2 MB
Finally went out and got my L1 on Friday. Went with my uncle who got me into the hobby. He got it too, and I couldn’t be prouder. Super happy to be able to get H’s and I’s and just have the experince under my belt. Thanks to the forum for all the help you’ve given me with my stuff. Appreciate it!
Nice spot and video im extremely jealous! I wish I could fly out there. Most of the anxiety of the flights is trees. Out there, man I'd be sending them surely! 😆

Congratulations, you have any plans to go further?

@Mao_Zedung --

Congratulations on your Level 1 !

Your L1 rocket sure did scoot !

Was that your Bull Puppy ?

What motor did you fly ?

I sure miss Lucerne ... one of my favorite launch sites !

-- kjh
I made a 4” Goblin kit that flew on an H195. I’m waiting to get my hands on an “I” engine to fly my bull puppy. You better believe that it’s ready to go, though. Thanks for commenting!

Nice spot and video im extremely jealous! I wish I could fly out there. Most of the anxiety of the flights is trees. Out there, man I'd be sending them surely! 😆

Congratulations, you have any plans to go further?
Yeah I do! I’ve got various level 2 ready kits that I could happily launch right now. Lucerne is AWESOME. Sorry you don’t have a great spot, though. Thanks for commenting man!

Yeah I do! I’ve got various level 2 ready kits that I could happily launch right now. Lucerne is AWESOME. Sorry you don’t have a great spot, though. Thanks for commenting man!
Oh, I mean I found and joined URRG in NY this year, went once to watch/learn. Then joined built my L1 on a month and sent it on a H135W-14A. They have a 18,000 foot waiver thats very respected, and honestly most that land is field, and if they land in the nearby trees they are easily reached and gotten down unbelievably.

Im definitely comfort going for my L2 in the spring there, and eventually L3. They are holding LDRS too next year at URRG(joined as my 2nd club ever this year after another in July here in Pa, at 40 yrs old, lol), its actually a very nice spot for the northeast. I'd say the field is about a half mile or more by probably a mile or so longer(ill check for sure). That doesn't sound big, but here that's great. I'm getting pretty good at going over 1500 feet and having them land within 100 feet of the pad even with the chute at Apogee on windy days. I have a chute release too, and DD will help tremendously. The spot where they launch they try to aim or angle them slightly to go over the bigger part of the field, it works out well. Here's a picture of my rocket, in the smaller launch area(500' x 500' maybe) looking to the landing area and a wider shot back at the flight line. The larger side is to the left, mines on pad F-1.

Attachments

• IMG_20231108_112327_274.jpg
    IMG_20231108_112327_274.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231104_145517.jpg
    20231104_145517.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
Back