Project Blackout L1 Cert Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3verb

Reaction score
Hey All!

So after a long time in the hobby as a kid and getting back into it numerous times over the last 10 years as an adult, I finally decided to make the leap into HPR and get my L1 cert. After going back and forth on what rocket to use for my L1 cert (see this thread) I decided to go with the Madcow Super DX3 4.0 Payloader (https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocke...et-Kits/Super-DX3-4-0in-Payloader?cPath=1_82&). I'm calling this rocket "Blackout" for reasons that will become clear during the finishing process. I ordered the rocket on Monday and, because I'm in Colorado only about 120 miles from Apogee, I got it delivered on Tuesday!

I'm actually NOT planning on jumping into this one just yet. I have a few MPR rockets that I want to get through first and it's still cold here in Colorado so I'm going to wait to start the build until spring. I figured I'd start this thread to help flush out some of the design decission I still need to make so looking for some good feedback from the community. In the meantime, the rocket will sit in it's back, patiently waiting to get built.

1671650468116.png

Thanks for stopping by!

Casey Levinger

Back