Just some questions on reloads and cases

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
I have a Pro38 1g case. Do I need to purchase a rear closure? From reading instructions I downloaded, the closure is attached to the reload assembly? But I see various places selling them.

Do CTI reloads come with a starter? Particularly 29mm and 38mm.

Do Loki 38mm reloads come with starters?

I think that's all I got.

Thanks,
Mike

eggplant

L3 | NAR 93664, TRA 17791
Reaction score
You do not need a rear closure for the Pro38 system, as they are included with the reload. I have never seen them sold separately. All ProX reloads come with a starter. Loki motors do not.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
The 38's do not require an aft closure. The whole assembly slides into the case and engages the threads.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
Good deal. Thanks.
Now as I look, I don't see the Pro38 rear closures. I was probably on the Pro54 hardware page or Aerotech page.

Thanks

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
I have a Pro38 1g case. Do I need to purchase a rear closure? From reading instructions I downloaded, the closure is attached to the reload assembly? But I see various places selling them.

Do CTI reloads come with a starter? Particularly 29mm and 38mm.

Do Loki 38mm reloads come with starters?
Nope, yep, nope.

I order magnelite for my loki loads, and make them a couple hundred at a time (it helps to split the order with friends)

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
Nope, yep, nope.

I order magnelite for my loki loads, and make them a couple hundred at a time (it helps to split the order with friends)
Humm. I don't fly enough to get into all that, but will look into it.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
I have igniters in a box....right next to the Loki loads :)
I really don't know why, but I had to laugh when I read that. Good deal. That would be my best option, because realistically I will probably only do one or two HPR flights per launch.